Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pics of my \"new\" Waggie

Finally got the digital camera back. Here are some pics of my "new" Waggie. Trying to get it in good running order and make everything work all the time, for the time being. Got it for $1850.00, and it is in great shape.

Front.

Jason

----------------
[]llll[] '90 YJ & '88 Grand Waggie

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Pics of my \"new\" Waggie

Has a few dings in it. Like in the rear drivers quarter pannel. They will be fixed and painted in 2 weeks. Missing some woodgrain, but it had replacement woodgrain in the vehicle when I bought it. Has to be painted first anyway.

Rear drivers side quarter pannel.

Jason

----------------

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Rear has a small dent in the roof. All of the stainless steel that was dented was also in the back when I bought it.

Everything was painted except the roof, tailgate, and drivers side rear quarter pannel. I still am going to have it all repainted b/c they didn't use any clear coat on it.

Rear roof.

Jason

----------------

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Last one. Interior was pretty good too. Got the cruise control working this weekend. Getting a new track for the passenger side front window tomorrow, and hope to get it working tomorrow night. The power door locks have a mind of their own, sometimes working, sometimes not. The infamous rear window works without a hitch. Got a new CD player and some new spare speakers to replace the ones that were rotted out in the doors.

It is nice to have a vehicle with alot of small problems, although they do add up. Once I get it running properly it will be back to work on the YJ. I am wanting to get a good, reliable, daily driver, that I can fix up later after I get through with the YJ mods. Like that will ever be done.

Then I will have to see about getting a M715/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif.

Jason

----------------

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

What kind of engine? hehe uhm 360...

Muddynut
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif 78 CJ7 "Issues" /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yep, bone stock 2bbl 360. Except for the MSD, that went on last Friday night so I could tow a trailer this weekend. Fixed the intake backfire like a charm.

I got the springs for the rest of my TR upgrade ordered today and they should be here on Wed. So, hopfully Wed. night it will have a TR upgrade as well as a MSD. That will probably be it for engine upgrades until the YJ has its 360 transplanted(about a year down the line.

Jason

----------------

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

Hey, how many miles does it have on it? How does it drive? What is the tow rating of these things? I've never driven one and don't know much about them (yet) but I'm interested in maybe buying one of these for a tow/family hauler job. I found a nice '90 with 80K on it for $5000 local. Is that a good deal?

'91 YJ,I-6,2.5" lift,Boomerangs,33s,D30,D35c,Lock-Rights F&R

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

I know a few people who own them and a lot of them are for sale right now ,they are big , beautiful and heavy . Make great tow vehicles but they are really tough on fuel consumption . I wanna get one myself for camping and towing my boat but dont make it your daily driver /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif . Gas here today is $ 3.73 a gallon . Watch for some great deals on these old gas guzzlers and dont flop down 5000 grand on one .

Jeff

CJ.... Need I Say More ?? /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Mine has 188k on the odometer, but a remanufactured Jasper engine and trans were dropped in about 23k ago. Engine pulls good, even with a 4000 lb. loaded trailer. I was actually surprised about the milage I am getting. I was getting 13 mpg, before the MSD. After that and the TR upgrade(going on tonight), I expect to get another 2-3 mpg. Not too bad for a 13 year old V8 engined heavy vehicle. Mine is a daily driver.

Gas just outside my window is 1.55/gal. My company buys in bulk, so we get it for 1.40. Also the company pays for all of my gas.

Gas guzzlers are already getting cheaper by the minute, wait until July when it is real hot and start looking then. But I agree that 5k is a little high. I saw many GW for around 5k advertised out of ATL, but I waited and pounce all over this one. But a 11 year old vehicle with only 80k on it sure must be clean. That will have to be a judgment call, just like everything. My advice would be to wait, find one with a few problems(there is actually plenty of aftermarket help and some boards with plenty of knowledge).

----snip-----
Watch for some great deals on these old gas guzzlers and dont flop down 5000 grand on one .
----snip-----
5000 grand sure is alot of money, don't you mean 5 grand/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif?

Jason

----------------

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif haha , sorry meant 5 grand /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif . Hey it was early here and just got back from 4 good days of fishing so my brain wasn`t fully engaged yet /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif . I agree , be patient and you`ll get a good deal on one .I forgot to say that is one very nice Waggie you got yourself YJason . I hope I find one as nice .

Jeff

CJ.... Need I Say More ?? /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.