Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever tried one of those tents that fit in the bed of your pick up? The idea looks pretty neat, just wondering how practical it is. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
i have one and have for about two years now...i love it....always dry...never on lumpy ground...all you do is make sure the truck is parked level and throw a futon mattress inside it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Truck Tent

I had one for five years, Whoever thought it up was a genious. loved it and
gave to a friend to use and never seen it again.

·
Registered
27,817 Posts
They have versions that are actually "normal" tent sized ones for the living space, and it attaches to the bed part for sleeping. Brilliant.

One of our test writers lived out of one in Baja Mex for several weeks, and was a very happy camper. Him, his girlfriend and the dog.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I always had a cross bed tool box in my bed so one wouldn't fit. I'd hate emptying the bed to setup a tent though. The bed was always my safe storage area from kids and wildlife.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Installation of the sports truck tent I and II or one and two. These tents for pickup truck beds install in minutes for any camping trip.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Installation of the sports truck tent I and II or one and two. These tents for pickup truck beds install in minutes for any camping trip.
Sigh, sorry for digging this thread but i am really damn dizzy looking for pick up truck beds. can anybody suggest me some auto parts sites? Please do not recommend me ebay or amazon.com. I need a better site that has a customer service so i could follow up anytime i want. thanks.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
My experience, after 3 back surgery's is that the Pick up bed tents are great. No ants filled, rocky lumpy and wet or sandy tents again for me. The one that is even better is the roof top tent. That way you dont loose your storage area. One of the guys in the office has the ARB on his Land Cruiser and loves it.

[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.