Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pic of the new wheels. Going to get another shot up of the front bumper, which you can just see has been cut to just under the black plastic stripe, about 4-4.5" up from stock. Right at the legal point here in Oregon. 35's just dont look very big with white lettering. Yes, I did the lettering back out.

New Wheels

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Looks nice! I like those wheels.
They kinda "meld" the whole package together. Especially with the black soft-top.

(No comment on the white letters. But, they do look cool on the black rims. Don't hit any curbs man!
)
Hmmmm, I see you still haven't put the "Jeep Tape" on the lower rear quarters yet.
'Sup with that?
BTW, what did you use to finish the cut edges of the rear bumper?
I was thinking about black door edge gaurds?

G

·
Juice, why did you decide to go with 8" wheels instead of 10? I am looking at new tires and wheels and trying to collect info. I have searched the previous post but figured this is a good post to ask on.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gonna hit lots o curbs man, just gotta remember to be aired down when I do. Maybe you mean scuffing the curbs?? Not worried.

"Jeep tape" aka Diamond plate is coming, just has not been a priority hiding something already there. This shimmy thing is driving me crazy. I need to do the outer tie rods no matter what, so I'm going to do that next.

The black edging is exactly that, lawn edging
It is the edging hardware stores sell that go on the edge of that metal lawn edging, have you seen that? It is u shaped but closed at the ends. Very flexible. They sell it so people, if they step on the steel edging, won't hurt their feet I guess. Then I just used some gasket goo to help hold it in place. Seems to hold up pretty well. And if you buy a good amount of it, is easy to replace if the trail does manage to snag it.

Spade
Not a fan of 12.5 tires with 10's. For the use my vehicle sees, 8's work better, more bulge, better rim protection, tire does not "lay out" as wide a footprint. With proper offset no rubbing either. 10's might manage that as well, but why mess with a combination that works for you? If I can run 35's on 8 inch wheels and 4" lift offroad with no rub, good wheel travel, why change?

G

·
Juice, The Wheels look good!! (envy,envy!)
I'm gonna'
have to wait for wheels since I just shelled out bucks for
a cam. oh well,some day.

SE

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, compared to aluminum, steel is cheap. Just over $50ea. so you don't have to cry if you really bugger one up. I was going to do AR Bajas. Good wheel, but still $94 apiece! Already had the spare, traded it in on the steelies. Got another $40 for the banged up aluminums.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Juice

Looks sweet, especially the black against the white truck. OJ would be proud to be seen in that(and so would I).

Sixlitre

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For this combination tire size, lift, extended "bent" radius arms, and wheels YES because they still fit nicely in the wheelwells, so no police issues and no issues with rubbing at the top of the wheelwells due to too little backspacing. Nor do they inhibit turning radius as I don't get rubbing (too much backspacing). It is probably close to stock BS.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!

hmmmmm OJ in my truck. If he still had his white bronco right now, I don't think it would look too much like mine. Probably would have put some 20" biggies on it by now. For highway cruisin'

·
Registered
723 Posts
lol
to sum it up oh my god whats next for the juice low riding
nice cut and paste burnt i almost coughed up drink on my puter

G

·
Juice - Looks great man! I like the wheels. Seeing pics of your Bronco makes my original thought of a 4" suspension lift with 33's or 35's seem like the way to go. Only problem is I still have the factory aluminum wheels...not sure 12.5's will squeeze on them.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
BLING BLING! heh, i almost like the way that looks
kinda reminds me of that superduty with alcoa semi truck wheels on it

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh MANNNNN
. Much to my surprise as I log on to this wonderful board Sat. AM, someone has a rig EXACTLY like mine, except for Biggie wheels!!!!!

Now THATS how OJ would have wanted his!!!!!
good job man, very funny. Would I be shellin' out the bucks for new rims with those off road or what? I don't need no stinkin' sidewall protection!

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Steve, nice catch there! I like some chrome for my vehicle (though it serves no purpose). But, when you are trying to stay incognito, and focus on the tech, it's not easy. BurntPiston did such a nice job on my "newer than new wheels" my stepson is "all ober dat" muddybling bling! Says it has kinda a Range Rover look to it now (what star uses those offroad anymore, right? all he cares about).

Half of my new "steelies" are not shiny though!!!!! And, my shiny bumpers just keep getting smaller. More to come

1 - 20 of 21 Posts