Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pic of my 47 CJ2A. It has 19,000 actual miles. This is the best driving Willys I've had. The little flathead sure revs at anything over 45 mph though because of the 5.38 gearing. I usually drive it with the windshield down, don't even own a top for it so here in Iowa it sits about 1/3 of the year. It's completely original down to the 16" wheels and 6V electrics. I sure like the small size of these old Jeeps, helps for squeezing between the trees! Ed.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: pic of my Willys, now my CJ5

Here's a pic of my 67 CJ5 (Kaiser era). It needs a little work but has 67,000 actual miles. I've got the tub off now, waiting for nicer weather to finish blasting and paint work. The body is quite good as the Jeep spent a lot of it's life in Oregon, not on salt infested Iowa highways. It has the factory Buick V6, hope I'll like the engine. I am in the process of replacing the 3 speed with a T18 4 speed. Thinking about bright orange paint, am I stupid? Ed.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Looking at your picture's back ground I would have to say that your
geared way to low should try a 2.73 /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
JEST JOKEING NICE JEEP. Got to be a lot of fun.
In the 70s could of bought a 49 jeep pickup with next to nothing
for miles for $ 300 . Still Kicking myself. Wife very tired of still
hearing about it. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hey , why not go Corvette Yellow or a real bright yellow , with black accenting ( I`m serious). Post some pics of the CJ5 when its done .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.