Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this might be corny but attached is a pic of my 83 CJ-7. It's a 258 4spd with 31's and racing seats. I'll scan and post more on the readers rides section later; I need some good action shots, it's just too fun not to be in the jeep. I'm getting the tub work and paint done now. I'll post with new paint job.

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
Whooooaaaaa.....

The picture didn't come through (to me at least). Just a bunch of numbers and computer-ese lingo.

Try it again.

Loose nut behind the wheel
Another right-wing conservative.....
Born and raised in Jeep-Town

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I attached to the post as a jpg; IE sees it fine. As for the color, it's charcoal grey. I'm currently getting the roll-bar mounts strengthened then inner and undercoated. It will probably go to the paint shop today or tomorrow to be painted the same color.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's amazing how much "Swiss Cheese" you can find once you put a grinder to something. I visited my Jeep today and the paint guy said "look what I found", the whole straigh area under the driver door opening was pretty rusted, it's all ground to metal now and he is going to replace the bad sheet metal. Everything else for the most part is ok and will be prepped to be painted next week. Here is the sad part, it's going to cost a whole $50 for the extra sheet metal work and body mounts/bushings for the rear. What are friends for? I hope he doesn't "find" anything else.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
the picture worked great for me. That is a very sweet looking jeep. I just picked up a 3" webbing 5-point Simpson racing harness for $25, box and all! Now to make attachments for it.... I should replace my driver's seat anyways since its shot but the towels keep my butt of the metal bars for now so I am thinking about making a metal tube that will run around the base of the seat and possible tie in to the frame. Mount the harness to that, and then when I get a racing seat mount it to the frame with some rubber bushings to keep out the jolts...? anyone have any opinions on this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.