Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get my loan through school in a 9 more weeks, and am planning on putting about 8-9k into my 95 YJ. I am still undecided on which suspension lift, but I know I want a Small Block 350. I have done some reserch and I am planning on going out to some local junk yard durring my spring break to get an idea of what is out there and how much everything is going to be. Please look over my list of what I need and let me know if I need to add anything.
-Complete Small Block 350 out of something 95 or newer.
-Everything that bolts to the engine, starter, altinator ect.
-In tank fule pump, and charcole canister
-Engine computer
Do I need the stock ignition? Does anyone make a wiring harness for this swap?
I am planning on a Mepco Radiator for the swap, with an electric fan. To make this run what else do I need?
-NV4500 from a 95 or newer Chevy truck(but which ones? and does it have to be the same truck that the engine comes out of? Is there anything electronic on theses trannys? I know the 95 and newer do not have the ultra low gear ratio, but they also will not need an adaptor for a 95 or newer engine. What do I need to adapt the Jeep cluth assembly to this tranny?
-NP231 out of a 87-93' 4wd chevy S10 with a vacum actualtor.

My goal is to limit the amount of adaptor parts, (i.e an entire GM drivetrain)
- I am also planning on using M.O.R.E. 's V8 engine mounts, unless someone knows of better ones. I will address the axels later, but for now I am concentrating on the drive train.

Any information is welcome, I want to do this swap right the first time.

Thanks

Kirk
95 YJ rio grande

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
go to my home page for some notes I made on how I did my conversion.
also, I got my motor mounts from Performance Automotive Warehouse PAW for around $70, cheaper than MORE

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,33's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
It may be cheaper to get the NV-4500 from the light weight Dodge and just change the input gear. The Chevy NV-4500 will require the expensive mainshaft and new extension housing. The Dodge version is correct in the back to fit your t-case, and the input shaft for the Chevy is only about $125. and dosn't require tranny disassembly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tip! Stuff like that is just some of the reasons I like this board. What Dodges used the NV4500 I would need?

Kirk
95 YJ rio grande

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.