Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone painted the outside of their Jeep with some kind of truck bed liner? That dupli-color stuff is only like $40 a gallon, and it is smoother than something like herculiner. What does everyone think about this?
Dan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've got a friend that had hi whole scrambler done in some stuff that is similar to rhino liner.It's a friend of a friend that sprays the stuff for a living tha did it for him . so far it has lasted through some tight trees,but it hasnt been thouroly(sp?) tested against rocks and such yet.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Mine has been tested. Although I haven't done the whole jeep, you get the idea. The attached pic shows a black line (like a waterline on a boat) near the bottom of the jeep on the body. I painted this area (used to be all rust, welded on new metal) with Hammerite (brush on green), then coated it with the Dupli-color stuff from Wal-mart. If you look at the center of the jeep, under the door frame, you'll see where it's dented. This is where I was broadsided by an old guy in a Chevy truck. Never scratched the surface, just pushed it in a few inches. I have repeatedly dragged the sides over stuff and beat on the jeep regularly. Just before I replaced the tranny I beat on it so bad the doors didn't fit back on at the end of the day, had to tie them closed for the ride home. I like the stuff. I'll coat the whole rear bed, top and bottom, when I'm finished welding a new one in.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7"Lift/33"TSL's/IHC D44's 4.10's Lock'd

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.