Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anyway to paint chrome, i really can't think of any ways that will stick to it, but i mean with out taking it off, like painting chrome rims.. thanks!

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd / 31"BFG AT's

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
$0.02, I think you have to get them sand blasted. Unless you have a sandblaster it might be cheeper to buy white ones and just paint them. I have white spoke wagon wheels and I don't think it's feasable to have them blasted. You might try checking out a street rod bbs, I think there is a monochromatic paint scheme that some rodders like where they paint everything, including bumpers that were once chrome. Good Luck.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Sand blasting is the only way I know to make paint stay on chrome and as was said it's usually "fairly" expensive unless you know someone. White wagons are pretty cheap these days. I did see a tech tip to help keep them from rusting down in the crack where they always do. After you get them cleaned up (or new) and primered run a bead of silicone in the groove all the way around. Seemed to work for me.

http://home1.gte.net/rythem/davescj7.htm
"Get your finger outta there"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.