Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to try something different this time around when testing a product. Instead of checking to see if it got hurt evertime I went over a bump, I decided to do a couple runs, and then check out the headers after that. Here is my opinion. 4.2 The installation was a pain in the butt.
And the headers are so close to the front pumpkin, that when full flex of the left tire up, and the right tire down, the pumpkin bends the header pipe inward.
Bottem line: Spend 200 more, get a Borla.
:)

-ben....
1948 Willys - Disassembled; ready for fixup
1987 Wrangler - 4-inch Procomp, Rancho Shocks, Arb Snorkel, Con-Ferr Rack, Pacesetter Header...more to come...

·
Registered
646 Posts
I could have told ya that....actualy I think I did mention it before. The person I bought my wrangler from had to put the lift in when he installed the header(to replace a cracked manifold). The first time I went off road the pumpkin cracked the header.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, luckily, I didnt crack mine, I just bulged it in a bit. But I broke some other stuff; I was flying down hill, about 35-40 MPH, and there is this bump in my dirt area I go to, I launched the car about maybe 2/3 feet high in the air, but since it was a downhill slope, we were airborne length wise for about 20 feet. Well, upon landing, I busted my front right shackle mount off the vehicle, it is plowed in tghe dirt somewhere. No further damage was doen to my headers, and I managed to limp my car home, So, all inall, it was a good day.

-ben....
1948 Willys - Disassembled; ready for fixup
1987 Wrangler - 4-inch Procomp, Rancho Shocks, Arb Snorkel, Con-Ferr Rack, Pacesetter Header...more to come...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts