Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I let my buddies talk me into the 20 gal tank for my CJ. When I got it my worst fears were realized when i saw how far it hung down. Thats when the light bulb went off. I decided all I had to do was raise my bed to make it fit. This has now been done. I fabbed some heavy duty perches for the body mounts. I haven't put the tub back on yet because I want to put the engine and tranny in first. Has anyone ever done this? Did I really screw up or is this going to work? Hopefully someone else has tried this or seen it done. Anyone? thanks
don

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cut out the old bed. Fabbed a new one from diamond plate steel and welded it in 3.5 inches higher than original. This with my new one inch body lift"should" compensate for the four inch taller tank (in theory). The body mounts had to be dropped back to the original height. I also had to "alter" the frame slightly. I don't have a rear seat and never plan on it. It still leaves me with a good bit of usable room and the diamond plate looks tough. Just hope it works. Was hoping someone had done this or seen it done. Thats all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.