Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddies Sami just started overheating. When he turns on the heater, no heat comes from it. Tomorrow he'll have the radiator flushed out. He has a new cat converted & exhaust system (TT). Any ideas why it's overheating? He also installed a new thermostat....

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

·
Registered
247 Posts
THERE S NO WATER FLOW ITS EATHER GOING TO BE RAD OR WATER P
LOL QUENT

88 zuki,s/r,header,1600,locked in the rear and weber carb. with mitsu seats and 2"inch pipe
87 zuk spoa (new project)
IF GOD IS YOUR CO-PILOT SWAP SEATS

G

·
Check the thermstat, place in hot water and see if opens, if not replace it.

also I have had the impellor wear out of my original 189K mile engine, it would move some water but not enough to cool the engine.

Good luck, hope this helps

It's not a JEEP, it's a JAAP,
86' SPOA,33x12.5, 2.5" body lift, ALWAYS work in progress.....

G

·
Your symptoms defenetly point to the thermostat he installed. If its not opening, coolant is not flowing through the radiator, it's just sitting in the block. Check the thermostat.

G

·
Check the value on the firewall for proper operation. When you move the hot cold lever on the dash the value should move in and out. It allows hot water to flow to the heater.

Is it really overheating or just reading high? If just a high reading check sender, also pull sender and poke a wire in the hole to clean out any crud.

'88 Suk, 1.3L, 2"exhaust,carb mod, 235/75 Buckshot mudders,removable doors,working on half doos,'87 for parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts