Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I have seen that conversion on a CJ7 with full length Wagoneer axles. The owner fabricated some mounts that were welded to the sides of the frame for the front axle. The wagoneer axles are about 4" wider than stock wide-track axles(2" per side). There didn't appear to be any problems with making mounts and adding them to the sides of the frame. I don't remember if the factory mounts were removed or not. On the rear axle the spring pads were moved in to match the factory CJ axle. Let me know if you have any questions. Maybe I will remember more about the install if you ask me.

Tom

1985 CJ7
4WheelDriveWeb

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I would work with the stock wagoneer length. You will end up doing a lot more work and spending more money if you shorten the axles. Plus if you break something you will have to re-fabricate a custom piece. The CJ7 I saw looked fine with the extra 4", I think they had some Wrangler flares that covered most of the difference. I don't see why you couldn't build some lift in to your mounts, you might have to readjust the spring pads for proper pinion angle and caster but that shouldn't be that difficult. Take some pictures while you are doing the swap, I would like to see how it goes.

Tom

1985 CJ7
4WheelDriveWeb

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.