Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some input on moving the spring perches outside of the frame.
Im wondering if itll hurt anything if I was to add an inch or so of lift into the new spring mounts?

just let the brackets hang below the frame a bit? any ideas on this?

Im planning on a late 70s Wagoneer Dana 44 up front, and I dont want to shorten it if I can possibly help it.

anybody got some links to these conversions? I checked out the ORC 44 front end swaps, the only one with a SJ 44 on a CJ was cut and shortened.

thanks!

OzarkJeep
In need of a T18 tranny!

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah Ive got the basic idea, I just wanted some bracket designs to work from, also i was wondering if I could drop the brackets down a little to gain some lift with stock springs?
also will moving hte spring packs closer to the axle ends stiffen the side to side flex? thats cool with me, itll see more Highway than Rock climbing..

any ideas?

man 4 inches wider than wide track axles..hmmm how wide are narrow track axles pared to wide tracks? ive got a 77 narrwo trac.

I might end up having to have the long side shortened, I was trying to stay away from that for cost/spare reasons, BUT I found out I can cut and respline the shaft at work if I can come up with a broach, any machinests out there?

what the hell is a broach?!!

Ive used a Bridgeport very little with an end mill, but I have no idea what a broach is, and they tell me its required to cut splines...any input from you guys?

thanks for your reply Tom!

OzarkJeep
In need of a T18 tranny!

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just happen to have collected some PERFECT YJ flares in my new parts pile!
I wanted to stay stock length !

thanks for the input TOM!

Ill get some pics as I start top make some changes

OzarkJeep
In need of a T18 tranny!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.