Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 97 Dodge Ram and was wondering if anybody knows where I can find a chart kind of like the one that I have seen for Model 20 rearends that can tell you what the gear ratio's are by the number on a tag on the rear axle. Does anybody know where I can find this? Thanks, Andy

Andy

82 CJ-7, 258, weber carb, model 20 one piece axle, clifford header, 4.10 gears, tuffy stereo console, speedliner spray-in liner, ramsey rep-8000

G

·
If its a 97,

the 1500s were available with
3.23s (short cab 2wd only)
3.55s (standard, all V-8 applications)
3.92s (optional, V-8s only, only gear ratio avaiable with factory traction device)

the 2500s and 3500s
3.55s (standard)
4.10s (optional, all models)

Thats from the top of my head, to the beast of my knowledge, at 3am, but SHOULD be pretty close.

mike

Give me Jeep or Give me Death!!!

(Will trade functioning organs for CJ-7 or flatfender)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do the 99's have the same as the 97's?

Andy

82 CJ-7, 258, weber carb, model 20 one piece axle, clifford header, 4.10 gears, tuffy stereo console, speedliner spray-in liner, ramsey rep-8000

·
Registered
389 Posts
Pop your hood and look either under the hood or on the radiator support. There is a tag there that has all the info you need as far as axles, gear ratios, engine size, tranny, paint codes, model and trim, etc. It's not even in a code form, it spells out exactly what you have. IE: Chrysler 9.25" axle 3.55:1 ratio. Plain and easy to understand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts