Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my Crown Vic's back glass was busted out Yesterday where I park for the van pool. This sucks!!! not really sure if it was Vandals or just a miss-hap with a stone from a car/truck tire when someone spun out. The cost is whats got me burned up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif.

I have quotes from several places ranging from $800.00 to $360.63, now thats a range /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

That is good money I could have spent on the Jeep but now it will have to go on the Ford /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

Oh yeah I don't have glass coverage on the Ford /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/chair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/chair.gif.
Well I guess that will be picked up next time around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crybaby.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crybaby.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crybaby.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crybaby.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crybaby.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crybaby.gif

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Holy!!!!

How can it cost that much?? A new rear slider for my full size is only $189 installed.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I have quotes from several places ranging from $800.00 to $360.63, now thats a range /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

just go get some duct tape and heavy clear plastic......much cheaper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
just go get some duct tape and heavy clear plastic......much cheaper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Caver, are you logged in as John?????

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I seem to remember reading something about rear glass windows blowing out in intense heat, when the car is all sealed up.

Get's pretty hot in ol' Phoenix, don't it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Are the car's seals in good shape, as in not letting in air and such - nice and tight? Could have been nothing more than a really hot day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I forget where I read it, but I imagine it's gotta be pretty common down there if it's true.

Pete

·
Registered
946 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Holy!!!!

How can it cost that much?? A new rear slider for my full size is only $189 installed.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Neon rear window cost me $300.00 after stoppong a foul ball.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Caver, are you logged in as John?????

[/ QUOTE ]

no but im logged in on JU as you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[ QUOTE ]
I seem to remember reading something about rear glass windows blowing out in intense heat, when the car is all sealed up.

[/ QUOTE ]
That happens here a lot!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Are the car's seals in good shape, as in not letting in air and such - nice and tight? Could have been nothing more than a really hot day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep they work well and it was hot but, There is the tel-tail star where a rock hit the glass in the upper right top edge, that with the heat is all it would take to blow it out.

Yes this car has the antenna and defrost in the rear glass,as well as privacy tent to add to the cost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.
But none the less I found a replacement,(Used)installed for $175.00. I will be doing that on Friday.

I guess I will be driving the XJ as my DD the rest of the week, boy I'm going to miss that 24mpg the Crown Vic gets /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts