Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI for any of you that ship some jeeps parts to a fellow jeeper....

You can save some money if you ship from one comercial address (or drop off) to another comercial address...

I just sent an alternator to a fellow jeeper...about $11 bucks UPS ground snail....then our bean counter hits me up today as I'm walking in the door for $5 more....thats the add charge for residential drop off....they used to call it a fuel surcharge....

If you don't have a comercial address...in many cases you will know someone who has a business that gets regular UPS shipments....most of them don't mind your stuff getting droped off as well.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
And don't use any of the mailbox ect type places, they tack on a hefty percentage. I've found the FedEx is the cheapest for most shipping. I have an account and preprint my labels on the computer, then drop them off at the local Fedex drop point.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
When I was shipping bumpers all over I refused to use UPS except in rush circumstances until I ticked off the Fed ex guy. He used to make me load my own packages into his truck cause they were "too heavy" Funny thing was when I changed when I slept and was not up when he stopped in they became spurattic with pickups sitting on the front lawn for 2-4 days until I call and complained at the poor lady on the other end of the phone. Eventually I recieved a letter from them stating they would no longer pick up my packages due to me not being at a business adress. The closest drop off to me was 35 mi and they charged a fee to drop off.

In the end I was paying 35.00 more per box cause some lazy fed ex driver refused to pick up my packages any longer.

I got my revenge though. He delivered what I knew to be a tranny one day and he knocked and knocked. Knowing he wanted me to unload it I didn't answer the door. Finally he pulled sideways in the drive and rolled it off the truck just as I walked outside to watch. I let him know that his distain only encouraged me to sit down with a catalog and order the heavyiest Items I could find and the next time I caught him throwing something off of the truck I would be on the phone to the boss.

We haven't had anything delivered by lazy ass since, but I am always thinking while ebaying if I can buy something heavy cheap!!

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
[quoteWe haven't had anything delivered by lazy ass since, but I am always thinking while ebaying if I can buy something heavy cheap!!

[/ QUOTE ]

you pay shipping and I'll find a load of bricks and box them up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
490 Posts
Aw shucks, DD. Had I known that was going to happen, I would have given you my business address instead. Sorry about that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I'll be more than happy to square it up for you and pay the difference. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the offer Mike, but we are fine...I should have asked if you had a comercial address.....

Rio....why not have them drop it off at the station? I would be willing to bet that they wouild treat it real nice..... he he

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
The UPS (or was it fedex?) guy was just fine with that bumper Jeff, hauled it right in the shop, no whining!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I think yours was UPS. I fell out with Fed ex early, but wish I hadn't I was paying the diffrence in shipping so I didn't have to pass it on.

I thought about the brick Idea,, but guess I really don't have it out for him bad enough to pay the shipping.

Used to have stuff shipped to the pd till the head dispatcher dropped an aussie on her foot and I got blambed for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts