Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
From the BBS 'Mouth' to your ear FarmJeep!

I've owned three of the little 300 I-6 and I have zero complaints...
They have a bore to stroke ratio, and that long ass rod makes for wonderful torque!
(why do you think it's still available in this world of supercharged V-6 power plants???)

The guys are correct.
I have had a few on the dyno, and you can't make a horsepower monster, but you can make tons more torque!
(enough you can break the HEFTY nodular iron crank clean!)

They ain't race car engines, but if you can get a good hook, you can change the rotation of the earth!

As for longevity on the last one I had, it was about 70K when I sold it, and I charged the AC in it for the guy that bought it two summers ago, and it had 170K and was still running without any problems...
He said it was hard on water pumps... I told him to stop buying the discount auto parts water pumps and put a good one on it...
If that was his only complaint, he's lucky.

Mine towed a 35' pontoon boat to and from the lake nearly every weekend, and did a wonderful job at that, but that pontoon was no where near as heavy as a car and trailer....

Like the rest of the guys said, the little 300 is an example of that 'Better Idea' Ford always claimed to have...

So many cats, so few recipes...

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
CJ Dave and Dave pretty much covered it...
Punch the cat if you don't have emissions issues.
Clean the injectors! Every vehicle should have the injectors cleaned about every 35K to 50K.
Larger air cleaner with LOTS of surface area.
MSD will help a bunch under heavy loading.
Unless you want to change a BUNCH of things, that's about it...

So many cats, so few recipes...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.