Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Official Curmudgeon
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OT That\'ll show \'em

For "security concerns" any country that opposed our actions in the Iraq war are being shut out from bidding on reconstruction contracts yet still can be used as subcontractors.

Fox News story

After France, Germany and Russia protested the decision, Bush has come out to say that there might be a change and that any country that will join the coalition can be added to the list.

I'm sure some of you will cheer about this but it's not really good foreign policy.

· Registered
1,223 Posts
Re: OT That\'ll show \'em

Agreed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Also, It just seems to me "OT" headings are being abused.
Right now, 15 of the 60 topics on my frist page of this BB are MARKED OT's, there are more unmarked,,,,,,more then 25%, some are fine but over 25% is a bit much,,,,,,,don't you think???

· Registered
2,782 Posts

In reply to:

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure some of you will cheer about this but it's not really good foreign policy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's get this post buried as it seems Taz just wants more controversy. Go post on a political forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

· Registered
2,062 Posts

· Official Curmudgeon
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

In reply to:

Well .... I guess that they think "your no fun anymore", Taz

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think it was fun to see part this board run off Frenchjeeper and bash it's Canadian members either.

· Registered
2,062 Posts

In reply to:

I didn't think it was fun to see part this board run off Frenchjeeper and bash it's Canadian members either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't know that Eric was bashed into self imposed exile. Nor was I aware that our Canadian friends were being "stoned".

As far as my comment "You're no fun anymore" ...I forgot to referrence Monty Python ..and add some gremlins

· Registered
7,289 Posts

Actually Taz I didn't se Eric get run off either. If he was I missed it. (and I would feel sorry as I see him as a friend and an asset to the board)

Did I miss the thread? If I did I will personally see if I can hunt him back down. French or not (not going into this discussion) he is a great guy with good info and good morals.
And on here I don't see that you need much more.

· Official Curmudgeon
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

In reply to:

As far as my comment "You're no fun anymore" ...I forgot to referrence Monty Python ..and add some gremlins

[/ QUOTE ]

Made me laugh.
Was that the spirit that was meant?

G

·

I think that the political and other O/T threads are what flesh the BB out. They are the difference between a 'community' and a Q&A forum.

· Registered
2,062 Posts

In reply to:

Was that the spirit that was meant?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes
. I had visions of one scene where a saylor was being disaplined with the whip
. When the last count was done (18....19....20!), the Master at Arms said "Cut 'im loose". The recipient stood up and said "Oh ..you're no fun anymore".

I personally don't mind the OT posts. I think that this community, as Brendon refers to it, has a "flavor" which is a composite of all its members. Just like the local bar, the fire hall, etc. The great part about the whole thing .....if you don't like what you see ..........you have the total opition NOT to read and participate in the topic/discussion. ........or slam away
if you so desire

You've gotta love the information age

G

·

OK i tried to ignore this but i think some good has come from it. This is a "community". If we were all sitting around the campfire after wheeling would the only topic be jeeps? i doubt it. We share our feeling and our families here. we poke fun and console losses. Does everyone agree on every subject? nope . Do we sometimes get upset at one another? yes. Does this mean we shouldn't have discussions O/T? I hope not. I enjoy the heat and warmth expeirenced here often because of off topic posts. I hope that tempers flaring or things that have been said will not run people away from this board.

to good friends(i hope)

G

·

Well, since this went btt.

I don't think the issue is that folks post Off Topic, I think the issue is that some folks never seem to post On Topic. Seriously look at these topics:

That'll show 'em
Cute video
Take out your Holiday frustrations
My Christmas shopping is DONE

Please. I used to come here because I was interested in talking about Jeeps. I now have those conversations elsewhere, because the tech here is in the toilet.

If I was interested in talking politics I would have stayed at work. And I can barely stand to do my own Christmas shopping, I certainly don't want to have to hear about other peoples shopping.

I used to love this board, but I think it has lost its way.

Well, back top the garage, those rockers are going to install themselves.

· Registered
1,223 Posts

Good, someone actually read and understood what I wrote

I read and replied to OT's, and have even posted maybe two,,,,,,,,,,some are interesting. But the point I was making is that 1 out of every 4 post on my screen at that time where OT's. Some topics are boring to even family. The MAIN REASON I visit this broad is for Jeep talk,,,,,it's just getting to be a PITA try to find it inbetween the OT's.
This is just my viewpoint,,,,,,,,,,I'll just keep looking for the tech.

· Registered
6,355 Posts

EVEN THOUGH I have posted plenty of OT's, I agree with RSD about it being KIND OF tiresome to read stuff that isn't even a GOOD OT post...real groaners in some cases.
Along with the groaners, it is also kind of tiresome to witness the incessant, anti-patriotic, negative drumbeat of the CJ7T posts. THANK GOODNESS this BBS was down when they caught Saddam Hussein! I can only imagine what CJ7T would have had to say about our soldiers rudely "annoying" Saddam and interrupting his nap like they did. "Hanoi" Jane Fonda is alive and well on this BBS!

· Official Curmudgeon
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Does GW have our bbs in his favorites? Probably not, the FBI hasn't showed up at my door but, at the Summit of the Americas now going on in Mexico, he has reversed his position on this matter as far as Canada is concerned. Reports are that France and Germany are back on the bidders list too but GW hasn't confirmed it.

If you're reading GW, keep looking in, we'll make a Republican out of you yet!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.