Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the Commando board, but thought you guys might like to laugh at/with me about it.

With the El'Presidente in town (part of Homeland Security)speaking literally just across the street from where I work, it's been an interesting day. I decided with the spring like weather, to just bite the bullet and keep pouring the oil in the "smoke machine". While leaving this morning to go to our new building wasn't bad, getting back in this afternoon was. Of course the local fuzz is on "high alert" and stopping anyone that even _looks_ suspicious.
Imagine, a rusty Commando, smokin' like a train, "*******" brand glasspacks, and a bed full of ammo boxes (tools) and it really gets interesting. Now normally, I could slip through without any hassles, UNLESS the Pres is in town.
"Is this your...um...ah...er..."truck"?"
"Yes sir, it's my JEEP"
"Can I see your license and registration?"
"Well Ociffer, here's my license, but I don't have a registration."
"From here(NC) or from TN?"
"Well nether..."
"Step out of the vehicle...slowly"
Trying to NOT give him too much info wasn't working, so after being frisked and playing "20 questions", I tried the too much info approach. Like, I have the title from TN still unsigned by me, and the plate is registered to a scrapped '67 in TOADS name (Mike, don't answer the phone!). Also, that I DID have liability on it and plan to register it first thing tomorrow morning (right). He mumbled something like, "Your obviously too stupid to be a terrorist", and "Please be safe and move that thing, it's beginning to choke me!" Ended up driving away without so much as a warning ticket! So how was ya'lls day?

Caver Dave
'72 Commando
Oo=====oO

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
You know the saying, God protects children, idiots, and people who restore old Jeeps. I know for I have tested all three.

'83 CJ-7 nothing original but the tub and axle tubes

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bingo! An immature imbecile Jeep owner./wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif Then again, my wife used those exact words just last week!

Caver Dave
'72 Commando
Oo=====oO

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Dang Dave, I don't know if'n I'd admitted to THAT... I was thinking one out of three wouldn't be bad, but there you went, HAD to take the TRIPLE didn't ya?
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

'83 CJ-7 nothing original but the tub and axle tubes

·
Registered
523 Posts
Thanks Dave, that is funny as hell! Too stupid to be a terrorist.. cough, gag... get that thing out of here... LMAO. /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

76 CJ, well what is left of it! working on my YJ-7. YJ frame, YJ tub, 2" BDS SOA 3/4 ton D44 F and 14FF rear

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
It's great it is Bush, not Gore. You would have been labeled a eco-terrorist, and it would not fare well for you Amigo /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif!

Scott
'85 CJ7 T.H.O.R.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Loved that story! Kinda reminds me of the time I lived out in the sticks and this cute female federal police officer came to investigate me as there was apparently a bank robber using the same make and model of car as his getaway vehicle! You can imagine the howls of laughter I got when I told other people why the cop car was in the driveway, and they exclaimed "and the bank robber drive a PINTO???!!!" I feel for the poor guy.

84 CJ7, 258, HEI, M/C 2100 carb, 5 inch lift, RS9000's, 33x12.5 BFG M/T's, 4.56's and Detroit softlocker, full cage & belts, Xenon flares, Dana 44 rear, GM dual diaphragm brake booster

·
Registered
617 Posts
It's stories like that which just reaffirms my security here. Hey, Thor your completely right, but it could have been worse, it could have been Gore and Whitman. Then you not only would be labled an eco-terrorist, you'd be slapped with an EPA violation.

88'/4.2L/30's/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts