Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty neat to see her stop in town for a quick service. About twenty minutes of OOOO and AHHHH, and away she went. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry the pics so big, the attachment is now a second pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
852 Posts
Re: OT Check out what stopped by today.. Steam En

Thats really cool. Why did it stop by? Where did it come from?

Sean

·
Registered
3,761 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Where did it come from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like it came from the right...then went off to the left... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where did it come from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like it came from the right...then went off to the left... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ladies and Gentleman,

I proudly present to you (drum roll please)

Master of the Obvious, only here for a one time engagement, please don't miss the show...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/chairfall.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Very, Very cool train, wish i could have seen it......and no Master don't say it, I meant in person /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts

I would have loved to have been between denver and cheyenne this past sunday. Both that one and 3985 were double heading a special train that day. I have yet to see 844 in person but hope they run it down this way soon. I got to ride behind 3985 last may.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I don't know the technicalities of the trip, but it was pulling several passenger cars as you can see (west to east). At first I thought it was for show, but there were people inside. I suppose it was either family and U.P. brass or folks with more $$ than I. It stopped briefly so they could grease it. They stuck a huge grease hose onto each hub, and arm asssembly and I supposed checked her over real quick.

They were nice enough to let the local paper know the approximate time and place for the stop so a good crowd got to see it roll in and out of town.

I coldn't get a photo, but one of the neatest things was watching it get up to speed and rolling along at roughly 40mph out on the open rails. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Edit: By the way I have seven or eight pics total, noting up close, if anyone would like them sent, PM me.

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts

The schedule is on UP's website. There is also a GPS transmitter on the train that shows where it is on UP's website as well. It is on an excursion trip, so yeah, people with $$ are on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts