Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, OK, let me explain. At $2.43 a gallon of gas I am sick of it. IT was $2.15 end of last week and made about a .30 jump nearly overnight. I think it's sickening. Anyway, my first car was a beetle and I could drive that thing for 2 weeks on a full tank of gas and I thought I might find one cheap. I have always missed that car, only paid $400 for it and promptly put a set of rims on it and I was KEWL. Ok, maybe not that cool, but sure would help not to have to spend $40 plus to fill the YJ. Plus if I put a rack on it I could get that kayak I am wanting on it and no worries. I want an old one, so it may take a little digging, but if I find one it could serve as a good project for practicing body work. Anyone got any ideas other than autotrader?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Try www.thesamba.com

This is the best online VW source I have found...check their classifieds section, some real good prices there. Lots of good info in the forums too...I am a VW owner also, a 74 bus and a 74 Baja.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
$2.43 a gallon! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Just filled up my van 26 gallons at $2.58 gallon...Saw it at the beach this weekend $2.61...I'm sure everyone in CA thinks this is cheap... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

This isn't gonna be a joke for long...

G

·
Last time I filled up here I think it was $2.69 per gallon. Not sure I could afford to drive the Jeep even if it did have current registration. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crybaby.gif

Anyway, volkswagen related thread, so I though I would post a couple pictures. This was our high school shop class project last year. We named it "Doom Buggy." These pictures are from the show we took it to at the end of the year.

G

·
[ QUOTE ]
DooooK University???

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that in reply to the 'D' on our poster? If so, we had nothing to do with Duke. Our high school just happened to be the blue devils and have a 'D' as in Davis High.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I wonder if Davis High or Dooook has been using the Blue Devils logo longer??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

·
I think you guys are right. It looks like we ripped off the logo for our poster. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Oh well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts