Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure hope I don't need to hook up any more cables. Will have to come up with some externally located posts, I suspect. Utilizing the front posts for lower-draw items helps. They are not really up to high-draw items like winch and starter as they are connected to top posts internally by thin straps, I'm told.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Tim for smaller sized wires, I bolted a heavy plastic box 3"x6"x1" high onto my fenderwell. I ran an 8 gauge wire into it and stuck it on a 2 1/2" long bolt. All I do now is put a ring terminal on the end of the wire I want to hook up to power, slide it on the bolt with a washer between each wire and then put the nut back on. Then you only have 1 main wire to the battery and everything goes into the junction box.

Bill

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try to get a pic to post this week some time. The Valve covers came from Bowling Green Customs in GA, http://www.bowlinggreencustoms.com. Unfortunately their website is under construction, but the address and phone is there. The valve covers are for '79 and newer 231's & 252's. They are cast aluminum painted black with brushed raised letters that say "Buick". I wasn't going to pay money to give Kenne Bell, Holley or Offenhauser free advertising.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.