Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. It seems that I am going to get a lot of stickers from the manufacturers. I am wondering. Do you think it is okay, to
put them on your truck even thou you do not have the parts on your truck? I am not talking about turbo or anything like
that, something like, WARN winches, Explorer Pro Comp, K&N, etc. I know a lot of rally race automobiles advertise like
that. Thank you for your reply

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
If you want to be taken seriously on or off road it's best to have the parts to go with the stickers. Around here people who have stickers for parts they don't have are ridiculed as "posers" and are laughed at when they wander off. Rally racers usually have sponsorship by the part makers and are getting paid to advertise the products and use the gear so they can sell more parts to the consumer. If you can convince somebody to sponsor you.....

/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gifStraight outta Oregon, land of trees,ocean breeze, and a lotta mud!/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You deserve a medal for having the courage to ask that. Personally, I would never advertise for companies that have nothing at all to do with my truck or car. They don't pay me and if I don't have the parts, how can I back up that image that I created? In essence, you will be creating a No-Go-Showboat. Is that what you want?

TopDog

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with both of the above, most of my decals are not promo-stickers etc, but more my opinions and slanderous comments. I do however have a couple that advertise my friends shops etc, that have done work on my truck. A few decals here and there advertising the components you've installed aren't too bad, just don't turn into decal boy, you know like the guys that ride around in station-wagons etc, showing all the different gas stations and such they have visited in there travels???

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifIt's not the Biggest, but at least I use it!/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll have to agree with everyone else on this. A lot of times I will find myself looking at a truck and wishing I knew what kind of lift, lights, bars... etc. they have. I would hate to buy(for example) a Trailmaster lift because they had a Trailmaster sticker and then come to find out they had a body lift and cranked up the torsion bars. I say show what you got.

BH

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Personally, Ive got alot of mods, so I have a good number of stickers. I dont see the point in putting any stickers on your truck that dont pertain to your mods. Of course, making your back glass look like a moving billboard for way too many manufacturers is cheesy too! Just my .02 cents..

Happy Trails
Wade Colvard
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess it is a matter of personal preference. I have a ARB Airlocker, ARB Bullbar, Warn winch, Rancho suspension stuff, and, a Flowmaster muffler. But, I have no sticker on my Pathfinder. I personally think it is rather cheesy to do that. On the other hand, I used put these stickers on my Datsun D210, an ugly orange-colored car that I used to have. I used get a kick out of seeing 4x4 sticker types getting puzzled looking at ARB locker stickers and Rancho stickers in a small ugly car. A friend of mine does the same, and he puts no sticker on his 72 K5 Blazer, but he has ARB, Rancho, and Flowmaster stickers on his 96 Maxima.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know that decals are great for covering up rust & holes in the body to??? hahahaha:)

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifIt's not the Biggest, but at least I use it!/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts