Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I looked at one of these things to see for myself what all the hype is about. First off I think it looks really cool, but there are
some things that don't make sense to me...

1) You have to remove the rear seat cushions to fold the back down? What the hell were they thinking with that one?
2) I saw two that were brought in because of a leaking roof rack?
3) The engine looks like a rat made a nest made of rubber hoses on top of it.
4) You have to pull the skid plate off to change the oil filter?
5) The oil filter itself... it's so small it looks like a toilot paper roller.
6) Affordable? $25k?
7) Engine... the 3.3L is a great engine, but if you are above 5000 feet in elevation, it's a slug. Forget the 4 cyl!
8) You have to take the plastic tray off the roof rack to open the sunroof.

I still like the thing, but it seems like they rushed to get it out and cut too many corners. What do you think?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only V-8 in a Nissan sport ute will be in the Next Infiniti QX4 but the V-6 trucks and Xterras may come with a supercharger option for 2001. Take iyt from me I work at a Nissan dealer as a tech.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you can find anything else out there that has the quality and features this has in it's clas then I will be damn impressed. Jeeps don't count casue they fall aprt as soon as you leave the lot and a CR-V and a Rav4 are both cars. Good hunting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I agree. Although I was browsing autotrader.com the other day and I saw quite a few that were listed at $29-30k, which was good for a laugh.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I drove the xterra. It was kinda cheesy, and not what i had expexted. Too many little things that i didnt like....Armrest way too small, glove box doesnt lock, interior looks like it has plastic seats, and a free first aid kit..Woohoo that will sell a lot. After this I ended up with a 1999 pathfinder se limited. This is very nice and i like it a lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts