Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
oops is right! Sounds almost as bad as the time I was replace the output seal of my t-case in my YJ. The jeep was on my inclined driveway and in park, I just wanted to "hurry up and change the seal and be done". I got under the jeep, took off the bolts holding the driveshaft to the rear yoke and went to slide the shaft forward to remove the shaft. It wouldn't move, felt like it was in a bind. I had replace the u joints months earlier so I knew it wasn't rusted. So I put two hands and a little grunt on it and it came off.
Well......I didn't chalk the tires or put the e-brake on, my jeep rolled right over me down the driveway and smashed into my S-10. Thank God it only cost me some pride and 200 bucks to fix the busted headlight and grill on the S-10. At least I now know what my jeep will do in a low speed collision, bust the hell out of whatever it hits! Jeep left with one minor scratch. That was one expensive output seal!!

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,33's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.