Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont know when, but one of these days i plan on a different rig. hope yall dont disown me for dis!!!! this running gear(efi i will add)/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif......
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Nice Willys! I have always wished that I could come across one of the earlier Jeeps for the right price. Found one last year for $300 but it was way gone. I should have bought it and then looked for a glass body or another donor to fix that body.

Tim Martin
87' Samurai/1.6L/dual 40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/MSD 6AL/5.5" SPOA/1" shackle lift/CJ-5/Sami springs/31" High-Tecs/roll cage, bumpers & pumpkin caps in progress...

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i come across all kinds of goodies ALL the time down here. if you want, i can watch for one. come to think of it, my best friends neighbor has one, flat fender, 2A i think, still has a hard top on it, no doors dont think. flat head 4, t90 3speed, dana 18 t/c. all original. used to run 4-6 years ago. prolly get it for $3-500. can look into it if you want. keep it here until MD fab fest, bring it to you then.
BiLLy bOb

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Oh god, the wife has already threatened to have a garage sale if I bring home one more project vehicle. I have vehicles stashed in barns and at friend's garages that she doesn't even know about. Every once in a while I slip up and she catches me! Usually dinner out difuses the situation.

She's threatened to post my picture at AutoZone and Pep Boy's and instruct them to not sell anything to the me!

Tim Martin
87' Samurai/1.6L/dual 40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/MSD 6AL/5.5" SPOA/1" shackle lift/CJ-5/Sami springs/31" High-Tecs/roll cage, bumpers & pumpkin caps in progress...

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yup, thats a cow behind the zuk, but behind the hood if you look close is a dodge M37 too.
BiLLy bOb

G

·
Hey on my way to ride my dirtbike i found a WIllys Pick up! hard to find in my part of the state! Looked like it was for sale, gonna take a look at it on my next trip dirtbiking.

Oh ya, first time on my dirtbike... total success, maybe cuz it is a suzuki? bahah its a suzuki pe175. Lil book says "enduro".

laters

~Goot

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here now red,/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif if i wanted a j**p, i would buy one after WILLYS sold out to kaiser, and BEFORE dodge took over. thats a j**p. mine is a WILLYS!!! hahahahaha, big difference to me. but i am as much a "WILLYS" buff as i am a zuk buff. got 4 ol flat fender willys here now. that monster came from the factory with a 5:38 gear, but since it is a military surplus, some of the military units had 4:56 gears in it. dont know which it has. i figure i put it on a zuk runningear i will be able to hit highway speeds with out much problem. then i can drive my willurai and for the most part, nobody will know the difference from 10 feet away. i like to enjoy my toys!!!!!!
BiLLy bOb

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Hey BB,

Take that Jeep and restore it to military specs. Those are so cool! Years ago, I saw an ad for a company making stainless steel Willy's style bodies that would fit on a Samurai. I never took much interest in it and can't remember it it was in a Kit Car mag or a 4WD mag...

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Just out of curiousity, how many people know who ACTUALLY designed the jeep. It was bantam. Ford built them because they knew how to do production fast. Ford sold to willys cuz ford wanted to build more planes. Willys bought it and then it went to kaiser then it went downhill from there.

Will
"It aint the wand its the magician"
"Keep the shiny side up"
Tread lightly

G

·
Oh man, sorry for not understanding. I didn't know that people were so sensitive about the Jeep thing. Let me correct myself, If you want a Willys build a Willys.

Why don't you post your idea in the Willys forum (Oh sorry there’s not one you would have to post it in the JEEP forum).

G

·
One of these days you're gonna give me a stroke using that word!!! Willys is the only manufacurer of Jeeps in my opinion.After that they're all HEEPS. BB when you start on that project let me know I'll come down and help out!
ROB

G

·
Hey Billy Bob,

I got a dana 41 out of a willys with 5.38's in it
have you got an extra front axle assembly with 5.38's ?
I been thinking of putting them under a zuk. I know they got those old axle shafts that everybody says arent very stout but they gotta be stronger than the zuk axles. and the rear is offset too.

Hey, Jeeps do taste like Chicken!

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey red, dont fret it man, i was pullin your leg. hahaha if there were a """""WILLYS"""""" board on here, believe me, i would frequent it as i do the zuk board. to tell you the truth man, i have 2 built willys already. got a 51 M38 willys sittin on 35s with a pinto motor conversion kit in it. it still has stock runningear after that, and i currently have 35s on it. my other built willys has been dissassembled over the years for yet a 4th rebuild. its got a 200 ci ford 6cyl in it, offset d44 rear, and original d27 front stuffed with 5:38 gears. it is a 47 cj2A body on a 58 cj5 frame sittin on top of 40s. well, not anymore, sold the tires last year.

capn_crunch, i actually thought of restoring it, but it is just a roller body on a frame. plus i can buy one already restored for 5-8K depending on how long i want to wait. not worth my $$$ and time investment to redo this one. just needs toooooo much.

zukinut, i sure did know that bantam did the first one. im a buff on those buggers. actually got a old ford GPW here in the field, its years beyond any kind of salvage though. parts only./wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

rob, if i dont haul zoomy a willys up for fab fest, i might bring it for a project to futs with./wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif just a thought. dont know when i will start on it though, takes time, not much of that now though.

skeetshooter, this one has a original d25 full floater rear diff, thats before they swapped to the d44s and still has the lil bitty d25 front axle, not the 27 like later models. i would be afraid to use THESE axles under a zuk. the later 44s n 27s will take it with no prob. they also used the 27/44 combo up until the late 60s or early 70s with the 5:38 gear ratio, not sure when exactly they quit using it. watch for a old rotted 5

zuk JR, it all depends on where im wheeling, whos going with me, and what rig i want to take. too many variables to say what i will do. but i will say, i am hunting for a 20 ft goose neck trailer to haul 2 if i want to./wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif
BiLLy bOb

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.