Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy pigiron ! I just wrestled my dodge disconnect 60 into the garage, whew, this thing is going on a diet. Anyway, I called dynatrac to get a price on thier 35sp conversion kit, I'm not planning on useing it ,I plan on picking my own parts and putting it together myself, but I thought, maybe it won't be that much... $3200 !!! I about dropped the phone, I'm lmao, I can spend alot of time in front of a mill and roaming junkyards for that kinda cash...sheesh ! thanks yuppies (you boneheads)... goodgodyall !

BTW they wanted $389 for the front inners that moser sells for $275.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
[censored] !!!

Muddynut
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif 78 CJ7 "Issues" /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Thats a buttload of money.....The things I could do to either one of my Jeeps for that amount of money.....whew

82 Scrambler/360/T5/D300/4" SUA/AMC20/Rear Discs/Somers Bros Axles/D30/3:73's/Lockrite Lockers.
2001 Bare Stock Trendy Jeep Sport (everyday driver)
Smithville, Texas
Member TX4X4 Cyber Club

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just for the conversion kit? Can you imagine how much a whole axle costs? How 'bout a high pinion, high clearance D60 w/ 4.56 gears, 35 spline axles, ARB, and disk brakes...I shudder to even ask.

I used to want to build a dream vehicle with one of their D60's, but now I am like you. I think that I could roam the junkyards and find what I need. For what they are asking for F & R, I could buy a M715.

Have you called Mosier, even though they are higher. Many times I have found that they are cheaper than most, esp. for someone who does their own work.

Jason

----------------
[]llll[] '90 YJ & '88 Grand Waggie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's about 6k for the top of the line at dynatrac...yea moser is less for the parts they offer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What parts do you need? I might be able to help

Also what year dodge axle? Mine came from a 92 Dodge 1Ton and its not got that vacuum connect crap thank god.

Keep checking Ebay. Lots of misc D60 parts show up there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's A disconnect housing. What I'm doing is replacing the tubes w/ 44 tubes useing the 60 ends with moser 35sp inners.
What I really need is ford knuckles and all then I can drill them out to 35 sp size and use ford lockouts..I don't know if the ford knuckles will fit the dodge sub-knuckles... I need a New ford axle that hit a tree dead center. : ) Yea, I 'll check eBAy THX...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a deal going with a built small block Chevy, then I called Dynatrac, I told the guy what I had and he gave me a price on a set of Dana 60's at $8900.00. Now I realize thats alot of rearend but, jeez are you nuts? This clown wouldn't send me a catalog, but he did call me 4-5 times to see if I was ready to buy.

I guess Jeepchic needs to find a third job for this kind of money.

Edder

Do you smell that?/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
lets get this very straight.... the reverse cut 60 has what??? an inch and a half of extra clearance???
we'll put these things into perspective...
i bought both axles from a military truck... they have 4.56 gears and the 14 bolt has the original detroit locker. sure i had to pull them, but i paid..$675 for the front d-60 and the rear 14 bolt complete. i paid $490 for a detroit and install kit for the front d-60. the brakes were fine all around, but i turned the rusty rotors and replaced the old wheel bearings. i also put new calipers on($18 each)..the not-so-grand total??? just under $1200.
some of you will remember the scout i did a SOA to recently... well.. i was out looking for flat to knuckles for some nice steering, and stumbled across another set of 1 ton chevy axles...d-60 front, 14 bolt rear, detroits and new 4.56 gears...for $1200... sooooo... that scout has the same axles as me now..we shouls have trail pics next weekend.

~~Elusive~~
http://www.jeepgod.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think the reverse cut has the same ground clearance (very close to the same) but the driveshaft angle is helped by a couple inches (for those with that problem).
Elusive...That was a good deal, what is your spline count/shaft size ? I gave $350 for the dodge I'll need $300 for the inner shafts and then some kind of soft locker, because I have no lockouts...I like the newer style 60s with the ball joints because I'm making a lightweight rig, I think I can save some weight and still kick some booty with this set-up.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Prices at Dynatac are nuts, I talked with them about a pair of high clearnace full floating axles 5.13 gears and clearanced housing and by the time he was done adding it was somewhere it the $10k range! and like others they have called by several times wanting to know when I want to get some axles...

Luke
'77 CJ7 SOA Chevy 327
http://www.cj7jeep.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a late 90's RC Ford 60 that Im converting to the rear. It's just a housing but I do have the inner knuckles ('C') if you are interested.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Larry, I just may need those bad boys, I'm gonna run into town in a few minutes and get some measurements at the parts store...cool : )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why is everyone stuck on Dynatrac? There are other smaller companies that do fine work and charge less. There's Woody's 4x4 in Vancouver, Wa., R&P 4 WD Parts Inc. in Oregon City, OR. I'm sure there are other places out there too. Keep in mind just the pumpkin from Tera Mfg. for a 60 high pinion, high clearance is $1100. Unfortunately beef costs money. Nickmil.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.