Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a new bumper for my wrangler and olympic has a few nice ones, but they are cheaper than everyone else? are they any good or junk?anyone got any experiences? thanks a ton!

(\/)ikey 1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've got the front rock bumper and like it/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif. It is similar in construction to the stock but with slightly thicker steel and boxed ends. Most other aftermarket bumpers of similar shape are fully enclosed, costing more. The paint finish is great and the bumper takes a to a high-lifting with no problem. The only thing it lacks is bow shackles, but I have tow hooks up front so that didn't bug me. For $100/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif it's a great deal and I plan on getting the matching rear with the reciever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Rockcrawler rear bumper with the receiver. Overall, I think it is pretty good, but the powdercoating chips easily, and I really wish it was completely enclosed (so I could use it for an air tank). The receiver does hang out farther than I expected, but haven't had much problem dragging it yet. Handles at least 2000 lb trailer! There were no instructions, but it isn't hard to install. The most difficult part was drilling the holes ('98 needs two holes drilled on each side).

Dan 98 TJ /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.