Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old winch looks like 8274 but isn\'t

I bought an old Warn winch that looks like a 8274 but the housing is different.
Instead of the case splitting into upper and lower sections the housing is one piece with a 1/4" thick cover plate held in place by bolts around the parimeter. It doesn't have the round shift knob for the clutch like the 8274 but has some kind of metal lever. The motor and solenoid pack look the same as the 8274, and mounts the same way, above the cable drum.
Does anyone know what winch this might be? Where I can still get parts and a service manual or even a parts picture?
I'll try calling Warn on Monday, but if anyone has any info in the mean time or knows of anyone who sells parts for this thing I'd appreciate the info.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Re: Old winch looks like 8274 but isn\'t

My buddy has that winch too. Its not a 8274 but a precessor of the 8274, Its a 8000 lb winch I think its a 8200 or a 8270. I would have to look at it monday for the numbers but it still a good winch. Its a early seventy model.

brownbagg </font color=red>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Old winch looks like 8274 but isn\'t

My roomate has that winch and the thing is badass. want to sell it?
It's pulled his 72 wagoneer and others out of or over just about anything you can think of

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.