Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I get the impression that people think that the Rancho suspensions are better than the Old Man EMU suspensions. What do you think? Thank you for your reply

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it will depend on what the intended use of the lift will be.....If you want 33" on your jeep, you will have to consider the cost of a body lift and maybe fender trimming with the OME springs, I am sure everyone will agree that the OME is a great product at a great product price. As far as the Rancho springs they will cost less money up front, add in greasable shackle bushings and main eyes, and maybe a little prying on the spring clamps and most will be happy with the all around performance. My suggestion is to plan your lift carefully and try and picture what it is you want out of your jeep. Lite offroad use, heavy offroad use, daily driver, etc. Than plan your lift around your budget. there is nothing worse than getting half way through the job than figuring out you need drive shafts or exhaust work or something else to complete the job that you don't have money for.

http://www.geocities.com/austnjpr/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is really easy. If you want a mild lift of 2", go with the
Old Man Emu. The very best, the best ride, the most money. If
you want a lot of lift, go with a SOA kit. The most lift, stock
ride, lots of money by the time you finish. Don't bother with
the 4" spring lifts, they ride lousy compared to SOA and cost more
than a SOA kit.

Whichever way you go, plan on new brake lines, a SYE kit, new
driveshaft, etc.

Personally, I love my Old Man Emu lift. But I also only run
31" BFGs. And I can push them into the top of the fender on
occasion.

Ron R. - 90 YJ w/OME

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It all depends on your intended purpose, how much lift is needed, how big a tire, what vehicle, etc.. PIAA, fill out your profile so that people can look and see what vehicle you have and that would help! For ride quality and articulation the OME lift is one of the best. If you need a lot of lift to clear big tires it's not gonna do it for you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ron r 90 yj
WOOW first of all, a soa axle has is not directly related to the ride the spring is the main priority, i have been in both jeeps in i have to say that you are not completely right!!
84cj7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
84CJ7,

The spring pack controls the "ride". If the axle is mounted on the top
or bottom of a stock spring pack, the "ride" will not change. Yes, you
may encounter bump-steer, vibrations, or a host of other problems but the
"ride" of a stock spring pack is the same regardless of where the axle
is mounted.

Ron R. - 90 YJ w/OME

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.