Off Roading Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Registered
4,684 Posts
I'm still the original owner of my '94 Sammy. Busy with business, but bought a house with several acres of extreme crawling.

Finally been getting to host a Zook event in my home state, I Zook NY. This will be our 4th year. Columbus Day weekend in all the fall colors. Old timers invited, but going home with straight metal is optional.

· Registered
2,131 Posts
I'm still the original owner of my '94 Sammy. Busy with business, but bought a house with several acres of extreme crawling.

Finally been getting to host a Zook event in my home state, I Zook NY. This will be our 4th year. Columbus Day weekend in all the fall colors. Old timers invited, but going home with straight metal is optional.
Oh ya :censored::censored::censored::censored:!

· Registered
283 Posts
OK, I will check in. Been awhile, and I didnt used to post as often as some, but its good to see some of the 'old' faces. I can see that the number of responses is low- cant seem to get any kind of response any more. Used to be this was the place to come to get help or just chat!

· Registered
224 Posts
Nothing Has Changed

Strange (or maybe not, you decide) that nearly the same folks from a 2007 thread are commenting on about the same thing in this thread.

Reminds me of the old saying "old solders never die, they just fade away".

The last time I checked in was 2007. It's just not the same board as it was and too hard to find things. It seems every Suzuki product made is now in one category?

Arrg...

"Ghost town, time to close it........." June 2007

http://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/223737-ghost-town-time-close.html

Ghost town, time to close it..........uki-geo-all/223737-ghost-town-time-close.html

· Registered
200 Posts
Yes! The good ole days...lol
Wow it's been a long time since I bought my Zuk....1996
Still got her just needing to take her to the next level.
Been collecting parts for about three years to upgrade her.

Take it easy guys!

Blake

· Registered
977 Posts
HA!

Sooo funny...I too miss the good 'ol days. Turns out I'm getting ready to purchase some new tires for the sami seeing how GoodYear has got those bitchin looking Kevlar MTR's.

So I was doin a search on google and what pops up??? My old original post trying to decide if I should buy those Trxus mt's....hahaha!

So long story short I did, and have been running them for 7-8 yrs now and couldn't be happier. But, I am tempted by those kevlar MTR's...

Nice to read you guys again!!

· Registered
2,637 Posts
Thought I'd bump this to the top being an "old timer" myself.

Sure miss this board, when you would show up at an event and introduce yourself by your BBS handle and not your real name...lol

Hell, now I'm running one of those events!! :shocked:

· Registered
2,454 Posts
Wow, I use to check this place 10x or more a day.. And that was before we had Internet at our fingertips (iPhones).
I tend to pop my head in here from time to time. I sure do miss everyone and the fun times I had with all my different Zuk's!
I'm still kicking it here in Columbus Ohio working as a fireman still.. Super thanks to BillyBoB for helping me move all my crap up here back in 2002.. You are still a part of our family..your just the one that never calls or writes!! Lol. I hope you see this and are doing good!! Email me at [email protected]

I always want to get another Zuk.. Just seems it keeps getting pushed back.

Anyway.. If anyone is on Facebook and remembers me.. Hit me up https://www.facebook.com/bconrad1

I miss my babies!!

We had a son 7yrs ago.. He's big into dirt bikes now!

· Registered
2,795 Posts
I still pop in once in awhile. I think its time to sell the sami, hasnt left the yard in 4 years. Had it 16 years. :(

· Registered
560 Posts
when I was test driving a new kizashi I heard an old chicago tune on the radio.... and i thought of this thread.... it was like destiny... :grin:

Old days
Good times I remember
Fun days
Filled with simple pleasures
Drive-in movies
Comic books and blue jeans
Howdy Doody
Baseball cards and birthdays
Take me back
To a world gone away
Memories
Seem like yesterday

Old days
Good times I remember
Gold days
Days I'll always treasure
Funny faces
Full of love and laughter
Funny places
Summer nights and streetcars
Take me back
To a world gone away
Boyhood memories
Seem like yesterday

Old days - in my mind and in my heart to stay
Old days - darkened dreams of good times gone away
Old days - days of love and feeling fancy free
Old days - days of magic still so close to me
Old days - in my mind and in my heart to stay
Old days - darkened dreams of good times gone away
Old days - days of love and feeling fancy free
Old days - days of magic still so close to me

· Registered
94 Posts
Thought I'd chime in here. Been a long year so far, lost Charlie The Chewman on New years day and I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. Hopefully the year will get better.

· Registered
3,632 Posts
Now that news wrecked my whole year , sorry to hear the Great Charlie passed on .... that's one unique dog of dogs for sure .
Hang in there with diagnosis , new meds are in the works and there is hope .
Give me a call sometime...
Sarge

· Registered
477 Posts
Howdy!

I've been out of the Army for six years now, but I'm still into Samurais.:) Still have my first two Samurais and I have added many more to the collection since I left the Army.

I miss the camaraderie of the Suzuki brotherhood that we had on this board 10-15 year ago. It was great when a large group of us met for Moab Zukfari in 2000. I've gone back to the "Zukfari" two times since (2005, 2011), but it wasn't anywhere near as good. In fact, it was pretty depressing as I was one of a few even driving a Samurai out there. In 2011 I stayed at Slickrock hoping to run into some Suzuki people-nope, none to be found. The group from Zukiworld even decided to stick a fork in it for 2012. I now try to attend the Zukiworld adventure events at least once a year. Last year I attended the Colorado adventure run and had a lot of fun with a mildly built Samurai of mine-my #6 Samurai. ;) We did Schofield pass and several over 12,000 passes. Not too many Jeeps out there.

Since the buyout of ORC around 2000, I have moved onto the Zukiworld site & Zuwharrie BBS. I check in here about once a year or so. Still amused at how all the articles I wrote or contributed to are now labeled as ORC staff. ;)

I also had to laugh at my old geocities signature line below. That's been defunct for something like 6-7 years now. From what I can tell, the last time I was active on here was 2005-probably trying to get ready for the 2005 Zukfari.

· Registered
1,391 Posts
I'm Back

Yeah, been out for a while. I moved to NC. Funny, all that time I spent traveling from Indiana to Uwharrie.... then I move to NC, just an hour away, and end up selling my X90! :(
But the 4x4 fever never left me. I finally got back in and now have a '93 Wrangler. I know, back to the dark side. :p :smirk:
Anyway, I too look back on my old Zukin days with joy. Zookimelt, Zuwharrie - man that was a blast! Ya'll have been a great bunch of friends.
Hope to see ya on the trails ... um, I'll be in the red YJ. :)

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
Registered at offroad.com in 1999.

Hi all. I am familiar with some of the names here. I registered at off-road.com in 1999. That is when there were no forums but there was an off-road.com bulletin board where people can just post and reply. It has been a while since I last posted here. I changed my email and I could no longer log on to my old account but my name is the same, PIAA_Lites.

It was nice seeing familiar names here. I was quite surprised to see all you old timers here still. I bought my Suzuki Samurai in 1999 and sadly, my Samurai did not run anymore in 2003. That is when I quit coming to this forum. I still have my Samurai parked in my driveway thou.

I know some of you probably do not remember my name, PIAA_Lites but I do remember some your names still.

Take care all. It has been over 14 years ago when I first registered.

· Registered
977 Posts
What Goes Around...Comes Around

Hey Fellas...

Funny I just got a friend asking about the old ecm interchange info I posted here years ago...which brought me back to this old BB...Good Times!!

Still have my old Zuki...3rd engine, starting 3rd version of suspension...learned ALOT! Mostly form this BB...

Thanks for that! ROCK ON
Car Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

· Registered
2,131 Posts
Hey Fellas...

Funny I just got a friend asking about the old ecm interchange info I posted here years ago...which brought me back to this old BB...Good Times!!

Still have my old Zuki...3rd engine, starting 3rd version of suspension...learned ALOT! Mostly form this BB...

Thanks for that! ROCK ON
View attachment 80122
I thought all you fawkers were dead! lol

Ya I still have Zuk(s) along with Jeep TJ and and FJ-40 for good measure.

Oh ya I own an off-road shop! lol

www.pjf4x4.com

Facebook people don't understand the beauty of what forums were.....

· Registered
977 Posts
Old Times

Oh ya....been way too long. TDS starts up here first weekend in March (Tierra Del Sol) just 2 hours away from sunny San Diego...it's a great event with runs for every skill/experience level. mostly ancient mud hills and washes mixed with rocks here and there and a man made obstacle course. Hundreds of vendors... Truly a family affair

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.