Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I\'ve finally seen a Liberty

Yeah, somebody who works at the hospital that I do has bought one. I got to take a half way decent look at it. I like the approach and departure angles. I don't like the sloping forward roof. In person, the headlamps look out of proportion with the front clip, which seems to be an aquired taste. I'm going to find out exactly who bought it and ask them how it rides.......

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Re: OK, I\'ve finally seen a Liberty

hey,

i've seen a couple of them around here. I actually confused one with a suzuki grand vitara the other day. I really hate them. You should just go test drive one. Chances are that the person that bought it isn't a "jeeper" like you. I'm sure if you pulled up on your "vintage" if you will XJ they would let you take one out.,

Have fun,

Todd

88' XJ
3" rusty's
1.75" Shackles
2" RE spacers.
Rusty LCA's.
RE adj trackbar

·
Registered
1,355 Posts

Ive seen a couple around here in Ga,but of course none with mud on 'em/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

Hey,I know a shortcut....../wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The Liberty I've seen is black w/ grey interior, auto trans and Command Trac (by the look of the t'case shifter).....to me it looks like a Mercedes Benz ML 320, about the same size and shape. The Liberty has better a/d angles. While the lamps look a bit too big, I'd bet they light up the road good.

Definitely not our beloved two box XJ...... although my "vintage"/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif AMC/Jeep and the KJ both have V-6 engines.../wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

BTW, every once in a while I get a letter from Jeep asking me if I still own the Cherokee and do I wish to bring it in for that free gas pedal location recall. I usually tell them that after 15+ years, I'm quite comfortable where they put the pedal back in 1985....../wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,355 Posts

Yeah,XJY when I took mine to jeep(2nd time in life I ever took mine to the shop)they told me that there was a recall for the shifter cable and o2 sensor.I didnt think it would be free after 14yrs/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
242 Posts

bought mine when it was 12 yrs and they replaced the O2 sensor cost, $0.00!!!! a real good cheap replacment for a aging O2 sensor.......they are required by law to fix any recall that hasn't been done on the vehicle...

·
Registered
1,663 Posts

how come i never get any recall notices? I sent in one of those "i own a jeep" forms? Oh well she runs better than she ever has, so what the hell!

Todd

88' XJ
3" rusty's
1.75" Shackles
2" RE spacers.
Rusty LCA's.
RE adj trackbar

·
Registered
2,537 Posts

I saw quite a few KJ's on the way back from New Orleans last week. I think they are ugly. I wish I got recall notices too. I am gonna go to the dealer one of these days and look em up to see what I can get out of them.

G

·

I have seen a few here in Colorado but the front headlights look wat to odd. plus they look pretty small. The dash looks O.K. but I will stick to my 86 MJ

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Hey Todd,
I think you can call Jeep, give them the VIN and they'll tell you if there is any recalls for it. I did this for my 1996 Ford Windstar when we bought it used and Ford told me that there were no recalls at that time but they've sent me recalls for it since then even though we're not the original owners./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,355 Posts

Yeah,just call the dealer and theyll tell ya.And for the price(free)it cant be beat.I was gonna replace mine anyway!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts