Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK it\'s a little big but looks like a bolt on.

OK OK it's a little big but it's cheaper than a Weber 38/38 and probably no adapter is needed to replace the Carter BBD.

Any one tried one of these on a modified 258?

500 CFM Rochester 2bbl.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Re: OK it\'s a little big but looks like a bolt on.

Not sure what CFM they ran, but all the Puick "Dauntless" 225V6s ran Rochester carbs...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts

So did the buick 231 and it looks alot like the one you have there. They are stupid simple to overhaul and used to be a dime a dozen in the junk yards, but I haven't needed one for years. I don't know how they are on angles though.

·
Registered
872 Posts

That looks like the Rochester 2G that is used on the old 225. Alot of people on the Jeepster board use them and seem to like them.. Easy to rebuild, good off camber and cheap.Just need to lower the float level..You can buy one about at NAPA for ~$100. I think they're only 285cfm. For that price you could get a Holly 470cfm Truck Avenger.
Keith

·
Registered
10,815 Posts

Most GM 2 bbls were that carb circa 60-68. They fitted it on little 6 cylinders up to 327's. There were several "flavors" of it.

Reliable, simple, big passages, plentiful. Easy to modify too.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts

Wouldn't they be a bit hard to find in the typical salvage yard being from the 60's? Getting hard to find anything that was built with a carb since everything has been injected for years.

Might be fun to play with if it doesn't mind running off level.

Is the mounting the same as a Carter BBD?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif
Dale

1 - 6 of 6 Posts