Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's the prob. I have a '77 cj5. I have a copper tube running from the engine to the oil pressure gage ( I forget the proper name, I'm not mechanically inclined.) The copper tube will snap from time to time right past where the nut tightens it into the engine. I can catch it before anything bad happens and can fix it just to have it break again later. Any suggestions on fixing this probelm for good?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Parts stores usually carry replacement tubeing kits either in copper or plastic ,I just did mine because it twisted / broke while replacing my engine.I used the plastic .

Learn to let go of what does not serve you ,but forces you to serve it

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif That was some good advice....go with plastic. You could even bring home a sleeve of rubber vacuum hose to slide over the plastic for extreme Jeeping./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the tube used to be plastic when the jeepster belonged to my father-in-law. It broke with him except he didn't notice the oil shooting out from under the jeep. So a ceased engine later its copper now. It usually only happens when she gets a hard bump or something. I just get tired of fixing it. Its happened 4 times in the last year. Suppose I should be thankful I know how to watch the oil pressure gage.(he he) Well thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Well, to be perfectly honest, I don't really trust plastic, so my stuff always has army surplus aircraft hose. THAT stuff I trust, and it doesn't cost all that much. You need some flexure in the right places or the tube will break, plastic or copper either one./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.