Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just returned from the weekend ride and had a slight problem with one of my 3 polaris trailboss 250's. the injection pump failed and seized the engine.
after cooling it restarted then had a sqweek in it. am tearing it down this weekend for a total rebuild. the qwestion i have is this; what is the proper oil/gas ratio for the polaris 250 i am going to eleminate the injector all together to cure any future failers. i know that the honda fl250 runs at 20 to 1 and can go to 32 to 1 and this is close to the same engine but what is the actual polaris mixture?

thank you in advance

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the 'usual' ratio people use is 32:1.there's no guaranteed right one though.
i've run motocross engines right from 20 to 75:1..if you ride flat-out you MUST check the jetting!.....adding oil to the fuel reduces the amount of fuel....so up-jetting 3% is common.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
after rebuild i plan on using temp probe to set the jet to the exaust temp to 1100 to 1150 for optimal allaround running that isnt a problem but getting the right mixture is my concern. i dont want to tear it down again in a few weeks or the next time i run it. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.