Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1--Though I am getting vacuum from the PCV valve into the forward portion of the valve cover , I can not feel the vacuun at the rear of the valve cover where the grommet/hose assembly feeds from the air box. Does anyone have thoughts on this ? 2-- I am trying to copy the procedure decribed by others to eliminate the oil in air box problem . I recall reading that some folks recommended using a Gatorade jug to catch the oil as it spews out of the valve cover hose . What are the details of this fix ? Does the jug require venting ? air filters ? Is there a system that will drain the oil back into the valve cover ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I used a plastic juice jug to catch the excess oil of the blowby by extending a long hose from the rear valve cover grommet to the inside neck of the jug . I packed some air breather filter around the neck to filter any incoming air in the rare event that the hose does draw fresh air . The gap around the mouth of the jug where the hose enters has about 1/4 inch of space which is packed with the air breather filter , not alot of excess room. I noticed that after 50 miles , oil is pooling at the bottom of the jug and the filter is oil logged . It also appears that some oil has spewed out of the breather filter , but very little to concern me . The system does not seem to have access to much fresh air / not much available space to vent excess pressure around the mouth of the jug where the hose enters the jug . I wonder if this may cause a new problem, like blowing an oil seal elsewhere as pressure may build in the crankcase . Should the jug be well vented ? The driving seems aok with a top speed in the mid 70's . I am looking forward to not replacing the air filter in the box every 2 weeks .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts