Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rebuilt 304 V8, manual trans, in a '76 CJ5 with Edelbrock non-EGR intake and Edelbrock 1405 Carb with 14"x3" K&N open air filter.
My question is: The oil filler cap has a tube attached which I have ran to the air cleaner. I have noticed that it when I detach the hose from air cleaner it does not suck in air, but instead blows out. The PCV is in place in the intake and the hose attached to the PCV on the carb. ?? Shouldn't air be sucked in by the oil filler cap tube?? ??Faulty PCV?? Thanks.

My other vehicle is an Aircraft Carrier.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Make a chalk mark on the blackboard, Pat.....you caught that one. YES.....it SHOULD be sucking some air in there. Pull the PVC hose and see if it is sniffing like it should be....if not, replace the valve section./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif P.S. I sure get a lot of comments on my CVN-70 cap/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Dave, I knew I could catch you early in the AM. I will try that this PM. I'm not an optimist so, what if it is working correctly? What then?

My other vehicle is an Aircraft Carrier.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Let's not even THINK that the engine has blow-by after a recent rebuild unless the rings have not yet seated. It's probably the valve. The edelbrock valve is vastly different than a stock jeep is, and you also need to check that there isn't TWO valves in the line since the Jeep valve looks just like a normal tee and it could still be there. In that case you'll have to run a "fake" PCV valve into the edelbrock (a valve with no insides) and use only the Jeep valve./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts