Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif JPSK, I just visited your site, and your computer skills are showing. I sought out your fuel tank filler conversion because we are doing this very thing to our CJ SNOJEEP. I was wondering about flipping the tank around. We are using the stock tank because it was bought new by the previous owner, but were wondering how much difficulty we would encounter by flipping it. (1) would the tank neck still be back of the fender inner wall? (2) would the rollover valve be OK on the RH rear? Is there space for it? (3) would it be wiser to run the fuel lines down the RH frame rail then instead of on the exhaust and catalytic converter LH side? Our fuel pump is on the LH front side of the engine (304). The only thing better than a high side filler is a high side filler on the left./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif We will be installing the corners too, so holes are no problem. We are going nuts trying to decide on lighting. I just discovered that the class A truck buckets will hit the tops of the wheel houses so that good idea went out the window, so we are back to surface ,mount /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif unless we can hit on a better solution./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Any good ideas? What does Brendan say about this? You DO know, don't you that B will grow up thinking that cars have to be made at home. One day he will find out that is isn't necessarily true and you will have some explaining to do./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
The tank fill necks will end up in front of the inner wall. It's not tight against the frame, you'got about a good (pauses and runs out to the garage) 6" between the necks and the frame rail to work with.The rollover valve will work just fine on the RH rear and there is space for it. The return line should be okay on the LH frame rail, but to help avoid vapor-lock problems I'd go down the RH rail with the supply line. Once you move the gas filler, there's plenty of space to work with for lighting. Poke around www.truck-lite.com and see what strikes your fancy...they've got tons of different lights and most if not all of them include dimensions for the lights and cut-outs. I'm kinda partial to the rectangular backup/reflectors that I have and think that a set of red ones like this for stop/tail/turn combined with them would look pretty good. There's also some splifty looking Corvette lights available at www.customjeep.com
Just say no to surface mount /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Brendan is loving it...true dyed-in-the-wool Jeeper at this point...he even asks my wife to put in the Tellico Trails tape for him to watch during the day /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Hopefully he'll be out of the house by the time he realizes that he can just buy a new vehicle /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Thanks, Rod, for the good info, and for dashing out to the garage for me! I tried the light site but it was real slow loading so I'll go back later and try again. /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

CJDave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.