Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My roommate has this dire need to know what type of car Sylvester Stallone has in Cobra (I think it's an early 50's Ford but I'm probablly wrong) it was on TBS around 11pm eastern time on sunday night/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
-Mark

80 CJ-7 Laredo 304v8 TF999 3.73's BFG M/T's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think it was a 49 50 mercery. Heck can not even spell it. With the roof chopped and I don't even know what else.
I would bet CJDave can give us the lowdown./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
There were three cars used in the movie.
Two were 1950 Mercurys and one was a 1951 Mercury.
They were built in southern California in Little John Buterra's (spelling) shop.

There was a 4th 1950 car, supposed to be used as advertisement for the move, but Sly got it in a contract dispute for personal use as part of his pay.
(Must be nice! Throw a tantrum- Get a car!)

The engines were 355 CID small blocks, built by Blower Drive Service in Wittier CA., 2 were supercharged with B&M's high energy blowers, and two were NOS Cheater injected. One of the stunt ones was a manual transmission, and the other three were automatics.

Sly got one, 3 were destroyed during filming, and one was rebuilt by a guy named Dave Gerino (spelling) who lives up around the north side of the bay somewhere, if I remember correctly. It does the indoor show car circuit on the west cost.

Is this what you wanted to know?

When a fool and a wise man argue, Onlookers can't tell the difference...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.