Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2 and it’s already all wired for some off road spot lights. But I can’t seem to find any with the correct mating connector. Here’s a picture of the connector.
Finger Automotive lighting Thumb Household hardware Nail

any recommendations on lights that will work with this? Everything I see is a 2 pin connector. Or any work around? I would hate to have to rewire.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
11,506 Posts
Those connectors you have are very high quality. The rubber O-Ring seals them from water. Look closely for a manufacturer's name or logo. Contact the manufacturer and get mating connectors to put on whatever lights you buy.

The crimp-on style are very much subject to water entry, which won't cause a direct problem, but will lead to corrosion and poor electrical connection in time. If you can't find the mate to the connector you have get something similar - a four-conductor trailer connector is designed to keep water out, although they're not much better than the crimp-on. True you only need two connectors, but having four won't hurt anything, and you can use them in pairs for twice the connectivity.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For lights to be effective off the road you want them to be as high as possible. Light bars on the cab work well and if the are mounted at the back of the cab there is less light and glare to deal with when driving and trying to see what is ahead. Zero gain if lower than the hood of the truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts