Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is no display on my OBDII when it is connected to the port, and emissions had the same issue. I failed due to that. I checked fuses and all are good visually. Any ideas why there is no power to the OBDII port in the vehicle? How fix it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No power to OBDII port

What about running a jumper from the cigar lighter to the power wire of the port? It looks as if the wiring diagram shows they are on the same circuit.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Hello bowtie4by,

On your GM truck, the cigarette lighter fuse also powers your OBDII port. Check the fuse box for CIGAR fuse. If it's blown, swap it with the proper auto fuse. Even if it looks good, test it with an ohm meter, or simply exchange it with a good one. Sometimes this fuse gets overloaded with gizmos attached to the cigarette lighter and will blow. Your OBDII port should be good again once you resume power.

Test at home with your own OBDII scanner before taking it into the smog shop again.

Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks DezertScorpion! I ran a jumper from a 10amp accessory to the back of the OBDII port and it works. When I brought the Tahoe to emissions, the bastages failed me due to a wire powering the port. I'll replace all the suspect fuses with new ones next. Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts