Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been a while since I was around here. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on this? It's an older 26 gallon, 5hp, electric air compressor. It was one of the none oiling types. Lasted a good 8-9 years but finally gave up. I guess I could just take it to the scrap dealer but was wondering if anyone had any other ingenious (sp?) uses for it. Thanks,

·
Registered
755 Posts
Use the tank either get a new head or run it with your new compressor to achive more air.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Yup, plumb it into a new compressor and have even more capacity! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
859 Posts
Put a fitting on it and use it as a portable..maybe not "in" the Jeep but something you take out with you to the camp site?

G

·
If you are talking about the verticle Husky compressor...the great deal that includes the air tools as well....I have one. It's not the quickest compressor in the world...a little noisy, but it works. It has enough 'umph' to sand blast the bottom of my jeep and run the impact wrenches. And I like the fact the verticle tank takes up less space. I think it is a good value.

Personally, I would follow the above advice. Save the tank and use it for extra capacity.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I would go with what has been said, plumb it into your new compressor, and use it as extra storage..

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
I don't know what most people do with them...
But you may want to check the local 'Fix It' shops for an oil type compressor and electric motor.
You already have the tank, pressure switch, hoses and couplers, why not take the next step up...

Also, that mounting surface on the top of the tanks, even if you don't keep the tank part, can come in handy.
I've known guys to mount a electric motor, and use it to turn a compressor, a alternator/welder, ect...

Just a thought...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts