Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I know the best solution is to replace/rebuild the engine, but that is not possible right now. Is there an oil that will slow down the oil consumption, at least for a little while? would a thicker oil make it burn less? has anyone tried Engine Restore? good or bad results?thanks for the help....1978 f100 302 c4......Ben

86 CJ7 258, weber carb, rusty but trusty!!

G

·
My 59 cj5 smokes a bit and I don't have time to rebuild it. My brother inlaw says to use the engine restore and it will probably fix it for a while. he says he has been puting it in his ford every 3 or 4 thousand mile and it keeps it going for now.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
try using straight 30 weight oil. Now if it is smoking so bad that you cant see behind you. Nothing will fix that.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
You might as well try EVERY thing at this point uh??
But keep changing your oil also and change the filter to because all the blow-by is contaminating the oil...

Thicker oil dosnt go through the bearings as fast as thinner oil does, but oil is oil, as long as theres some in there /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
b
...You might wanta try putting 1/2 a quart of ATF in the motor just before you drain it (after you let it run for 5 min or so).... it will help flush out the motor

Try the bannana peel in the crank case if your feeling experimental /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

You need a thneed
From Once-ler Industrys

·
Registered
295 Posts
WalMart 30 weight. I know the feeling.

85 CJ8 Undergoing Frame-up Modifications w/4.0 standing by for transplant w/T176/Dana300 - Lookin for aluminum or chrome 15x8 spoke wheels to fit CJ.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I know the ol Wal-Mart 30W feeling...

My ex had a Plymoth Laser that burned oil like you wouldn't belive..we'd just go buy a case of Wal-Mart 30W every couple weeks...man that sucked..although the heavier oil did seem to make a difference

Sean

G

·
40wt in summer is fine...I have a backhoe thats been wornout for 15 years, I use 40 or 50wt and a few cans of stp,restore,instant overhaul..whatever ,it keeps the huge oil drops from flying out of the exhaust and covering the driver. : )

·
Registered
269 Posts
I thought you were talking about diesels.... cant help you with the other kind of oilburner....

46cj2a beater and pile 0 parts.
75 cherokee parts pile

1 - 8 of 8 Posts