Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Monday I went for x rays on my right ankle (I had previously stepped in a hole and sprained my ankle - pain hadn't gone away). Tuesday night it looked like it was going to rain so as I was carrying the passenger door of my yj to put back on, I stepped in the same hole I sprained my right ankle in ONLY this time it was with my left foot. We both went down.(door and I) Saved the door... broke the leg. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif My summer is hooped (for at least 6 weeks)and for excitement I'm trying to find LEVE. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
So I am living vicariously through others. August is our busy time up here for jamborees, jeep runs etc. So my son went to the Jeep Jamboree in B.C. in my place. Thank you LEVE for giving me something entertaining to do while I'm on the mend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Where's LEVE?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Sorry to hear about your leg.
When you're able to get around again, I realize this is a crazy thought but bear with me here, you might consider filling that hole in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I wonder if the folks at Google are investigating the sudden rash of searches for PUTS, Purple half Jeep, and the like in the Palouse area? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
That's a bummer! And when you're weather is nice too.

But Tater might be onto something there. He had a good idea once before, and that might be another. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
It amazes me how many seemingly silly suggestions actually make sense after giving them some consideration. My first thought was "filling that hole won't help his leg or his ankle", but after thinking about it most of the early morning hours, I realized I'd never attempted that approach to healing an injury. Good idea, Tater! It's worth a try.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Fill the hole ?? Are you guys anti doctors, how in heaven will the doctors make a living if the hole gets filled?

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
I'm with Tater...

I think I'd take the down time to fill in that hole,
and maybe research some human training wheels.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
You don't seem to be doing so good with just two legs...

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Man, twice? You should find a *good* lawyer and sue. Any lawyers out there looking for a job? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Suggestions taken. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif My dad filled the hole. Wheels...mmm...can't seem to walk on two legs, now I have these two sticks they call crutches to "help" me walk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif And can't sue myself (we own the land) for being lazy and not filling in the dogs hole. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Ya like me so much you wanna walk like me!

Glad you can do something fun. Now get busy and bang out an article for ORC! It'll help pay the doctor bill!

Sue the Dog!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sue the dog? That's too easy - gotta think like a lawyer.
There's a reason he didn't fill in the hole. It's because the handle of the shovel didn't fit his hands well, and the blade of the shovel didn't balance well, causing pain and possible trauma in his lower arm muscles. So we need to sue all the shovel makers in the country, because none of them built one that this man could use without injuring himself.
Then there's the reason the dog dug a hole to begin with. It's because the dog biscuit makers don't make treats that this man's best friend adores. So it digs holes to keep itself busy. So this lawsuit needs to include every company in America that has anything to do with dog treats, because they all failed this man's little buddy in a big way.
And on it goes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts