Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those very annoying double underline links that spawn a pop-up when your mouse gets anywhere close to some keyword...

On many of the Forum these days...

Block the following in your firewall or browser:

vibrantmedia.com
intellitxt.com

It will be short lived and they will start a new domain tomorrow... But Carpi Diem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif
Dale

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Are you running Firefox? That's all I use and I don't get the popup's

[/ QUOTE ]

I run fireFox and I've been getting them more and more lately....but only here

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you running Firefox? That's all I use and I don't get the popup's

[/ QUOTE ]

I run fireFox and I've been getting them more and more lately....but only here

[/ QUOTE ]

Get Adblock. It's a FF utility and it will allow you to shut out just about any popup or banner.

http://adblock.mozdev.org/

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Firefox 1.5.0 for me and I'm getting the underlines and occasional popup ads. Firefox will tell me that it's blocked a pop up then it will show me what it's blocked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I run both... and checked both... got the ads on both (but I don't mess with the advanced features of Firefox). Better to me if they can't even get in the router.

It was just a hint (and the folks that own this Forum may have a different opinion... shhh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif ).

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif
Dale

·
Registered
484 Posts
id guess that the folks that own this forum are the source of these particular undurlined thingys (that, by the way, make it VERY ANNOYING to read a post)....

that being said, i do realize that the owners are not hosting a bbs just cause they are bored...its' a business, and they exist to make money, alas, one more layer of crap to go through to get to all the valuable info, insights, ideas, etc......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts