1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,706 Posts
How about lying Thor rather than the liberal media or Reuters (correct spelling). This story is not news. Even in the video the narrator begins with, “You might have heard the story by now…”

This is an old story, like the peas porridge it's nine days old. Reuters may have gotten caught red faced but nothing has been shown to indicate that they were actively involved in the fraud. When the fakes were alleged on a blog, Reuters started examining photos and discovered some fakes. By their account these fakes were presented by one photographer in particular and their system was purges of all photographs submitted by this photographer.

It makes a lot more sense that a photographer attempted to sensationalize their works through posed photographs and digital enhancement rather than Reuters would risk their reputation by knowingly submitting doctored photos. If you have or know of evidence to the contrary of what I have posted here, feel free to make me aware of it. I will condemn them right along with you but with facts, not with lies.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eat my shorts TAZ. Looks like you got yourself in a tizzie from the other posts.

Foer everyone else, I thought this was interesting news to share. We all know they are lying, this is just another example.

Go back to what you are good at TAZ, time to get another keyboard while you are at it.

Since you have come to the point you have absolutely nothing to add on topics related to Jeeps, why don't you find a forum better suited to your whiny, paranoid, insulting moronic psudo-personality and leave the rest of us to fight amoung ourselves as men without the occasional mouse input.

Attachments

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,706 Posts
I believe that it was you who, when you started the "Whining Elders" thread, proclaimed,

[ QUOTE ]
Just my opinion, don't know much about Jeeps, but:

I LIKE PEANUT BUTTER!

[/ QUOTE ]

You went on to prove it with this poor advise on wheel size for wheel width with 32 x 10.50 tires.

[ QUOTE ]
You can use either. I like the 8" as it "balloons" the tires a bit and allows some sidewall grab without damaging the rim. It is rumored (though disputed often) a 8" hold aired-down tires on the rim much more than the 10".

[/ QUOTE ]
10" wheels would be a poor match for 10.5 tires but I guess you COULD use them.

Bring on the Jeep questions. That lifter noise only under load was just too easy to diagnose as a probable timing knock.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
there was an interview with a reporter who was given access to hezbollah (HB from now on) in southern lebanon.

the reporter said that the HB were telling them what to take pictures of, including some ambulances that they were staging to drive up and down the street with thier lights and sirens on to create a dramatic effect...even thought the ambulances were not actually recovering wounded....just driving up and down the street....back and forth....over and over.....so it looked like ambulances were streaming into the area to help wounded.

i tihnk HB are really playing with their allies in the media....and its unfortunate that people might not realize theres more too it.

not that Israel wouldnt capitalize on media coverage in its favor if it could get it.......we cant really blame either side for trying to sway public opinion.....but the news media should report whats happening...not staged shows.

theres 2 sides to every story....i try to read both sides and come up with my own conclusions.....because if you just read or view one media outlet you only get the "truth" they give you...which is usually kinda wrong.

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
The media story is old news.
One dipstick decided to edit some pictures so he could make a few more bucks, and got caught.

How does that make all media 'lying' or 'Liberal'?
(you say 'Liberal' like it's a bad thing!)

-------------------------

On the other hand, taz is a moron.
500 pound guy sitting in dirty under ware in his mother's basement, he's renamed his 'Bunker'...
Can't wait to regurgitate the next conspiracy theory.
Weather control, Who shot JFK, UFO's...
Someone has seen too many 'X Files' shows and believed them to be 'Documentaries'!

This is the same kind of guy that gets thrown out of militias for being 'Too Crazy'...

I, for one, don't see why he even hangs around here.
He's wrong 100% of the time, too crazy to communicate with any of the 'Normal' (meaning 'Far Right Wing') members around here, and everyone here want's to put a boot in his ass.
I think there should be a 'Mind Control' site out there with an opening just waiting on someone as crazy as him...

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re-read it again. Yes you COULD use them, but the 8" is much better and he had the 8" you sorry little pissant.

Whatever TAZ, I'll just block you so I can read those long drawn out posts again in 1/2 the time. You have always been long winded, and full of useless/questionable information. But not that you care, which I know you don't.

Add me to the list of people who would love it if you had the external organs to call me a liar to my face.

/rant off (Sorry guys, every 6mos my TAZ pity bucket gets empty) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
Nope! Never going to happen!

We'll never see his face around any of the events, he's too scared to show up.
He'll never leave the percieved safety of his mother's basment.
Besides, do you really thing they make diapers for a 500 pound man? (There's a mental image for ya!)

He's what we call a 'Butt Sniper'.
Every shot comes from the bushes far off, comes out of his ass, and the only time he shoots is when your back is turned...
NEVER FACE TO FACE AT CLOSE RANGE!
Too afrade he'll have to put up or shut up, and he's not capable of either.

I've had him on 'Ignore' and my life here has been so much more plesant...

·
Registered
757 Posts
I am not sure using an article off of "aish.com" "Your Life, Your Judaism. The Jewish Website" is a good way to find the truth.

As far as Taz goes, I kind of like having him around. All to often I find I agree with what he has to say, though it could often be a little less confrontational, (of coarse that could be said for allot of people around here).

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, Ok, not the best source for news I agree. I do beleive our media is a lying sack. I also believe it has a definate liberal slant. Yes JYG to me, liberal has come to mean you can't pick a decent canidate to run, you sling mud instead of issues, and it is really scary what issues you do take on. (Dublin is voting tonight to open the doors to sue someone for second-hand smoke, I understand the rights for everyone, though think manners should not be legislated)

As for TAZ I dunno, he should be dissapearing soon anyway. It seems he gets really heated then dissapears for a few months. Maybe mommy calls the hospital and they round him up, take his pocket spellchecker away, and put him back on his meds, who knows (or cares) really (i.e. Taz will chime in that he is off saving the world with conveyor belts or something...)

·
Registered
786 Posts
I used to know a site where a reporter was attached to the same unit for about a year. If I remember correctly he was a freelance and not attached to any specific news agency. Anyhow, one of his stories was about how the locals never missed a photo opportunity especially if there was some sort of American damage involved, whether it was in personell or equipment. He described that how AFTER US forces would leave the area the locals, camera operators, and local insurgents would show up to set up their shows and then mug for the cameras. He said the insurgents would stand around waving their AK's in the air and doing what he described as "The AK-47 Monkey Pump".

Anyhow, local command has the bright idea one day to stage an insurgent attack on a small US convoy. Bombs went off, smoke rolled, "casualties" were evac'd and burning equipment was left behind. Sure enough once the soldiers cleared out the cameras showed up and the insurgents set the stage for their latest "victory". Cameras rolled, AK's were Monkey Pumped, and US snipers shot everyone wearing a mask and holding a gun. Good times were had by all it seemed.

That's the long and short of it, not withstanding my inaccuracies. I wish I could remember this guys site because there was a lot of good reading and video about what goes on over there that you don't necessarily see/read about in the daily news.

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
News media and politicians used to call lies "slant."
Now to make it sound legitimate, they call it "spin."
It's still lies to promote their own agenda no matter what you call it.

Those "people?" over there has no conception as to what is truth and what isn't.
Mix that with the media "spin" - what do you have?

One thing always rings true - whatever either of them say, you know that's NOT what happened.

It used to be you could read between the lines, but even that now is lies.

Feel manipulated by it all? You should.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts