Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
yes.....but I would teach them to spell a weeeeee bit better first!

it's spelled "WITH LOVE" little billy...not "whit love"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Humm.. can you spell: To Hizballah, from Israel with love ... in Hebrew? These kids are pretty young, and still learning English.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
yea it was a joke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif me being a smart-arse as usual /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i saw a different picture of these same kids before..... i was actually kind of surprised they let kids near the artillary rounds.... more power to 'em i guess!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Answer: NO
But you have to remember the pressure from friends
and neighbors to remain fanatical about revenge. You could
say that is a picture of the future. Ongoing war that
won't determine who is right,just who is left.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
It's why the problem over there never will be solved...

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody is served with it ending. For the past 50-60 years ..Israel has done what no direct military conquest could have done .....provided a "great white infidel" for the whole region to hate.

Your tire goes flat. Damn Jews!!
Your well runs dry. Damn Jews!!!

All the while their corrupt leaders keep taking them to the cleaners ....the regional residents don't notice. Every night Al-Jezzera plays the episode of the poor ruthless oppression of your "brothers".

Israel has accepted this role as the regional "sin eater" ..and for a very long time has received ...."nothing" in terms of restrictions from the USA in their antagonistic territorial behaviors. I'm sure our back room foreign policy planners have been laughing that they've managed to pull this charade off for so long with such small costs.

This is REAL TV. The bombs are real. The deaths are REAL.

For a time it appeared that peace was possible. It looked like Israelis were getting tired of their leadership harassing the regional residents ...and it looked like the regional residents were getting tired of getting the crap pounded out of them. Everything pointed to each desiring to retire from their neo-"David and Goliath" epic roles ....and then ...Whamo!!! Someone upsets the checkerboard.

Everyone is served by this conflict. The pawns are the ones who pay the price.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
NO is my answer, Larry.
But it does make me think about whether "nose art" was right in WWII also.
At this point, I still think nose art was appropriate, but only for adult usage.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
i saw an article online ...about these pictures and how it was causing a big international hullabaloo because the children were near the artillary pieces and writing things etc...

but nowhere was it mentioned that hezbolla and hamas train thier kids to be "martyres" as soon as they are able to walk..... i'd like to see more public outrage about that before i worry about this...

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
If you want to find out what Hezbollah is ...read this interview with a former CIA Robert Baer

Stuff no one ever hears ..or doesn't want to.

What do you think started this latest round? You think it was the kidnapping of two (3 total) Israeli IDF personnel, right? Why do you think that occurred? More crazy ************ stuff, right?

What you didn't know is that the night before the IDF kidnapped the SON of a Hezbollah leader. This is reported right in an Israeli newspaper ..but you don't have a clue about it.

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got your hands full right there at home too, don't you? I have just read an article about things being pretty bad in Amsterdam.

·
Registered
249 Posts
After being in Arty for 10 years, I see it done all of the time...Just not by little patriotic kids who don't know what the bussiness end of these rounds do.
The rounds are armed with Point detonating fuse's not much to worry about. I would worry about it if they were a VT fuse, Very touchy when damaged.
They kids are taught to hate so young, so what does that show you for any chance of peace in the future?

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I am probably gonna get railed on this, but while I am not convinced I would let my kids do that, I am also convinced that a well placed suitable amount of hatred for some peoples is a good thing. Some people just don't deserve to exist and if I were Isreli (sp?) I think I might feel that way towards the Hesbola (sp?) In their shoes I might be standing behind them adding words of encouragemnet.

I actualy believe as a nation we could benifit from some well placed hatred insted of all the mitigating whiners that currently occupy mich of our system.

While I wouldn't go as far as letting my children sign explosives bound for Osama bin Ladens ass, I would not hesatate to assist in the delivery...

WOW OT!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
The funny thing, RG, is that there is someone pondering the exact same thing somewhere else. They too allow their children to grow up with preconceived notions of how to view others.

They're what we often label as terrorists. Some of them surely are ...but many are just brought up in unusual circumstances ..with all the wrong lessons on humanity.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got your hands full right there at home too, don't you? I have just read an article about things being pretty bad in Amsterdam.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I missed it. Apart from some rain that caused a bit of a flood... I'll read the newspaper tonight.

If it were up to me we would annexate Belgium, make Brussels our capital and sink off Amsterdam...

Luckily for them I'm not in charge.

But, I think it's wrong to get your kids involved in a war like that and not raise them to indipendant thinking responsible individuals. Not even if the enemy does the same thing, because you are lowering yourself to their level. I agree with GA that we only get to hear part of what happens and partial info is a lie as far as I'm concerned. I don't like what the palestines do, I don't like what the Israelis do. But the latter still claim to have the right to oppres the original inhabitants because of religious grounds and what was done to them by the germans in WW2. I think the their first claim is not valid anyhow and they lost the second by behaving like they do for years now...

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
""""But you have to remember the pressure from friends
and neighbors to remain fanatical about revenge. You could
say that is a picture of the future. Ongoing war that
won't determine who is right,just who is left. """"
So true! On both sides!

But remember why and how it started.

How would you feel, what would you teach your kids, if some great powers took your land, took your posessions, kicked you out of your homes, then placed people there that they themselves didn't want?

Sure, the argument is 2000 years ago it was theirs - but here in the US this land belonged to the Native Americans too - and not that long ago. Are you willing to have everything you have given to them now?
Wouldn't you carry a grudge too?

Here the Native Americans were nearly wiped out before those left went into submission. Even now there's still animosity - but most have learned to get along.

It will probably end up the same way - one side has to be wiped out - but the worry is with nuclear weapons around, the entire world may go with it.

How do you get the primitive war tribes to sit down and talk reasonably?

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

How would you feel, what would you teach your kids, if some great powers took your land, took your posessions, kicked you out of your homes, then placed people there that they themselves didn't want?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i've gather from books and online....if im mistaken no anything....let me know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

in the mid/late 1800s the jews started buying land from the ottoman and private arab land holders.....often paying $1000's (thousands) an acre....this was at the same time that prime-awesome land in the US was going for $100ish per acre.

the jews irrigated otherwise barren land, build hospitals and took a dead area and made it alive. the hospitals were not "jewish only" and lead to a HUGE decrease in the infant mortality rate for arabs in those regions.

once the arabs realized the jews had a good thing going they got cranky and started freaking out....which is the start of what we have today....the arab population was pissed off well before the establishment of the jewish state. the jewish state was formed BECAUSE of the fact that arabs and jews seemed unable to resolve thier differences (and from my perspective it seems as though the arabs were the ones causing the problems first...but thats perspective im sure)

i dont think i would draw parallels to native americans. native americans were pretty ignorant of western culture...didnt understand land ownership, etc.....we horn-swagled them pretty good....and i dont think that was right....

but the arabs in that region did understand land ownership....and they sold thier land fair and square....for one HECK OF A GOOD PRICE. there was no eminant domain...no hostile take over.....just money.

so im hardly sympathetic to the arab cause.

the way i see it is this:

1) if israel disarmed, it would only be a matter of time before it was destroyed by muslims groups...gone...pretty much everyone dead. there would be no peace for jewish people, even if the state of israel was gone. they would relocate out of the middle east, or die.

2) if those muslims groups suddenly disarmed.....israel would no longer pursue or bomb them, they could lead normal lives. i firmly believe that this conflict is MOSTLY (stress mostly, because israel isnt innocent in all ways either) the fault of muslim groups....if they laid off.....the conflicts as we know them would be over.

hence why i lean towards the disarming of the muslim groups......i suppose we can argue by what means that should be done....but i think its clear who the "bad guys" are in the conflict.

my 0.02$ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.