Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O/T - I\'m still alive and kicking out in CO

Well it's been a loooooong time since my last post so I figured I'd let you all know I'm still alive. Worked another summer out in Estes Park, CO and I'm still there.....and will be until the end of October. So no Jeeping for me for a while. I've been busy taking care of lots of kids. This past week camp was open just to kids who have had serious burn injuries and they got to come for free. Kids ranging in age from 10 to 18 with burns ranging from small to almost their entire bodies. Pretty moving stuff. Not much going on with me otherwise, just camp. I haven't looked at the board in months so hopefully everyone is well and Jeeps are running. Fill me in on what I've missed and hopefully I'll check in more often now that I have more free time.

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Re: O/T - I\'m still alive and kicking out in CO

Good on you. Seeing the uphill battle those kids face it kind of puts things in prospective.

·
Registered
11,504 Posts

Just mentioned you yesterday, Nick, talking about a Rockport trip in a few weeks. Guess you won't be there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Pretty much same old, same old here.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts

good to hear from you Nick. sounds like some good rewarding work you're ding there. have you looked up Ed while you're out there?....i think you guys are close...not postive though.

whats your plans for when you come back ? anything in the works.

otherwise not much is new here on the board....check out the most recent flame war between Taz and JYG.....loads of fun!

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,706 Posts

I was wondering where you been. I thought you abandoned us for a better class of losers when you bought that CAR.

There was something on the board that caused me to think about you last week, then yesterday the little granddaughter was playing with the Taz purse that you sent and then there you are!

When you get back to civilization, we want a complete update on what you been up to.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts

Hey Nick. Good to hear from you.
How about another batch of those beautiful pictures like you had last year?
You didn't end up selling the CJ before you left, did you?
We'll have to arrange a gathering when you return if you're up for it.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts

Nice to hear from you Nick, chime in more often if you can! Samantha mentioned you the other day..."That guy with the goofy helmet at the (2nd) Bash". Take care...of yourself and those kids. You are a good man doing the kind of work you are doing. God Bless.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

No trail rides for me anytime soon. I didn't sell the CJ, and it's parked at my dad's place. Been there since May and will likely be there for a bit until I have the money to fix it. Maybe I'll get a full time job quickly once I get back home and will be able to do that. I'm contracted to work in CO until October 22nd and then might sight see or who knows what afterwards.

A trail ride or something could be fun, but I may need to ride shotgun if mine isn't drivable. I've got some nice pictures taken but no way to get them online yet since I'm not allowed to download to camp computers. I'll try and work on those sometime.

In the mean time if anyone wants to send me presents or food I can give you my address. A super soft and comfy set of sheets for a queen size bed would be great...haha. Till a later time....adios.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts