Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A father noticed that his son was spending way too much time playing computer games. In an effort to motivate the boy into focusing more attention on his schoolwork, the father said to his son, "When Abe Lincoln was your age, he was studying books by the light of the fireplace."

The son replied, "When Abe Lincoln was your age, he was the President of The United States." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
I don't find that funny at all (yep, I'm a wet blanket!)

And THAT is exactly the problem with many of today's kids... they have no respect for their fathers... mothers... or anyone else... little smart-ass buggers...

Fathers and mothers are not doing their jobs and their kids and society suffer.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
But Larry, it was a joke! Enjoy some humor occasionally without looking for a dark side. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headspin.gif

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
But Larry, it was a joke! Enjoy some humor occasionally without looking for a dark side. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headspin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I know it was... but I had a humorectomy on this subject many years ago when one of my kids first decided it would be fun to talk back to me.... it was also the last time it ever happened. You gotta remember that they outnumbered me!

I don't send mixed messages, I'd have put a boot on that video game and ground it into dust! Problem solved!

Some things I just don't find funny... and this is one of 'em.

·
Registered
192 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Many of today's kids are living proof abortion should be legal -- maybe even retro-active!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Wait, I get it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/chairfall.gif

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
havent people been saying that about every generation?

in the 1950's im sure that some people looked at kids in thier poodle skirts and leather jackets and found it scandelous....

for the most part, all generation turn out "all right"

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
havent people been saying that about every generation?

in the 1950's im sure that some people looked at kids in thier poodle skirts and leather jackets and found it scandelous....

for the most part, all generation turn out "all right"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's true. However, I feel it's because what was not normal 40 or 30 or 20 or even 10 years ago is now normal... hence yesterday's immorality is today's morality. So, as Society ages, it becomes softer, more decadent until it rots from within and is replaced.

It's a cycle of humility, pride, prosperity and destruction.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Here is a small example of how things change (and not always for the better): A couple of weeks ago, were sitting in our favorite Taproom having our regular Tuesday night dinner. The Lovely Jeep Wife noticed that every woman in the room under about the age of 30 (and a few that were older than that) was wearing a string top with bra straps (of a different color) showing under it...She looked at me and asked "When did bra straps go from being a fashion fax-pas to being a fashion statement?"

When I was in School, a girl would have been devastated to learn that her underwear was showing...now it's supposed to show...

Not that I mind all that much...but it does show how morals and views on things can change...

·
Registered
192 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Jeep Wife noticed that every woman in the room under about the age of 30 (and a few that were older than that) was wearing a string top with bra straps (of a different color) showing under it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Now there's a keeper! Likes jeeps AND helps check out the women! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/neener.gif

....couldn't resist the pun.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

Now there's a keeper! Likes jeeps AND helps check out the women! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/neener.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, she is a keeper...She looks around for me...she's constantly pointing to some dark haired girl and saying..."I bet you'd like her...", "Nope, honey, I prefer blondes...and there is only one blonde for me..." She helps me compare other women to her...Since she always wins...it makes it fun for both of us.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
There is a definate decline in morality in our culture. At the institutional and government level, there seems to be more scrutiny and less tolerance, but at the personal level we are on the decline. The popular media of my day, as a kid in the 60's and 70's portrayed and accepted the backtalking kid.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[...] The Lovely Jeep Wife noticed that every woman in the room under about the age of 30 (and a few that were older than that) was wearing a string top with bra straps (of a different color) showing under it...She looked at me and asked "When did bra straps go from being a fashion fax-pas to being a fashion statement?"

When I was in School, a girl would have been devastated to learn that her underwear was showing...now it's supposed to show...[...]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be darn...! Galen, I thought I was the only one that was thinking that exact same thing.

As long as we're talking about visible underwear...
  • how many g-strings/thongs have you noticed grotesquely visible while the wearer is bent over or kneeling. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/puke.gif
  • boys' boxers hanging out over the waistband (though kinda hard NOT to when their pants hafta be pulled up every step to keep 'em from falling down around their knees... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/chair.gif )

Real attractive 'Jack-n-Jill', real attractive... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

NOT! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif

[Okay, the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/codger.gif is done w/ this rant...]

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
yea the pants sag is rediculous....

ever see a guy try to run but have to hold his pants up otherwise they'd fall around his ankles and he'd trip?? then you notice the perfectly clean work boots that are so stylishly unlaced and the tounge of the boot hanging waaay out

now THATS comedy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif the dudes walk/run like pengiuns cuz thier shoes and pants are about to fall off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts