Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did everyone see Janet Jackson's performance last night?
(the part where her breast were exposed)

I thought it was a planned deal until this morning when i was watching CBS they were appologizing for the R-rated half time show.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It was definitely a planned deal. Now that there is so much outrage over it they are trying to cover themselfs.(what a change) They announced that Janet would reveal a shocking moment all day leading up to it. Nothing else she did would even be close to be considered shocking.It made me mad. You should have seen the look on my 6 year old daughters face! i hope she doesn't grow up to think thats the way a grown woman is to act to be "cool". I for one would like to see a class action law suit filed. I normally think there is way too many people rushing to court over stupid things but this would seem to be a justifiable case. I'm ready to join if that happens. Very disgraceful IMO.

·
Registered
399 Posts
i thought the game was great....

we got the kids together at the church and we watched it on a 15 foot wide screen with a high def projector and mackie surround..lol ...but we didnt watch the trashy commercials..we had a worship service in place of the halftime show

the game was a shame though cause no one really cared too much about who won or lost ..... if it were different teams maybe... but all together great game!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
That's cool! At least y'all made it a positive experience. You know, between the violence, cussing, sexual situations and simulated sex, nudity, disrespect of America (Kid Rock wearing a flag) and two teams who obviously had little "sportsmanship" for each other something needed to be done.

Then, of course coming from the other side, it was a great game and I'm not a football person.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm glad someone else thought that about Kid Rock. I really can't stand him anymore. When he first came out it was ok/decent but since then he has past the point of ridiculous IMO.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Personally I didn't watch the superbowels, so I didn't see the actual showing of it where I hear it was unedited. I saw it on AOSMELL though, edited. Personally too the edited version didn't offend me. I was just laughing my ass off watching Justin Timberlake staring at her boob. It was like he was shocked and it was the first time he ever saw one. lol

·
Registered
642 Posts
Why do you feel that Kid Rock wearing an american flag is disrespectful?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I didnt watch the game myself but i have talked to a few people about it and heard about kid rock wearing the flag, well imho i dont think that he meant to "disrespect america" by wearing our nations flag, did you ever think that he just might be wearing it out of pride, he may not be the smartest person alive but i dont think he's dumb enough to disrespect america in the middle of thousands and thousands of people that love america, that'd be a hell of a ass woopin i think

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Grow up children. Kid Rock did a very AMERICAN thing, he proudly displayed his love for our country. There was nothing illegal or immoral about it. Anyone who thinks otherwise can get stuffed. If he had come out and started it on fire, I would have flown there and kicked his a$$ myself, but he didn't, he did nothing wrong. And as far as the boob thing, if this were Britain nobody woulda thought twice about it, but no, we are Americans that are so f ing up tight about womans bodies that we have a corinary when you see a little skin. Any of you ever here of page three girls? It was a split second of one nip from a distance, woopie
Of course I may be wrong, maybe everyone finds her as repulsive as I do and they are all just mad because it was an ugly chick that did it, and not Britny Spears or some other little hotty like that. I mean what the heck guys, you can't handle something actually happening that was worth watching on the Super Bowl, lord knows the game of football ain't worth the waste of my time.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Yeah he did a very American thing for the "American's" who like to hide behind freedom of speech to justify their perverted actions which happens alot as time gets closer. The flag is a symbol of America and splitting it in the middle and putting it over your head to wear it like a shirt, seweating all over it then jerking it off and throwing it to the girls behind him is not respectful of our symbol. It makes me sick to see these performers who step beyond their roles as a "musician" and into the political arena not knowing what the heck their taking about or doing. The Dixie Chicks are a prime example. As far as burning the flag, according to flag ettiquete it now needs to be burned because it's been defiled. He can do what he want's in private but as far as in public on a show that potentially reaches the world he needs to represent his country better. We are all ambasadors of our country not just the military and we need to start acting like it.

Now with that being said I don't want to get into a political debate cause God knows I'm not a politician and could never be one. We hear enough of that stuff on TV, radio, papers, back of cereal boxes, written on bathroom walls and etc. It's all good fun here helping each other with our Jeeps and I would like to stay on that track. You know the old saying, "Opinions are like armpits, everyone has them and at some time they stink." (I cleaned it up a little for the board
)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm with stump on that one. If he didn't use an ACTUAL flag as part of his outfit that night, I would not have a problem. So kraby, are you saying I wanted to use an ACTUAL flag for a pair of boxers, that's ok to according to your logic schema. For Janet showing a lil skin, who doesn't?!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I missed the halftime show since we were already loading the kids up to go home and get them to bed. Didn't even hear about the janet incident until my mom, of all people, sent me an e-mail with a link to a page with a writeup and pics the next morning since it had been the big topic on the talk radio show she listens too. Pretty pathetic if she was doing it as a publicity thing to help sell her new album this coming spring. It was a pretty fakey surprise expression she gives after it happened. Be interesting to see what happens in the end with all the legal issues and fines.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Letter D

FLAG LAWS AND REGULATIONS continued
Respect for the Flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.

(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel , bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.

(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.

(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So kraby, are you saying they show tits all the time in england? Don't think so. You got to get away from this european superority thing. Even if they wouldn't care doesn't matter to me what a bunch of chip eating fish frying punks think. if it wasn't for us they'd all be speaking german anyways.lol And it wouldn't bother me to see janets saggy titty on tv but it's not the type of thing thats EVER been considered proper on network primetime. And you didn't have to explain it to YOUR 6 year old daughter who couldn't believe or understand what she saw or why. Think about it. It's hard enough for those of us who are trying to raise up kids now days. Are you trying to tell me that the super bowl shouldn't be family viewing? Don't be part of the problem.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My two cents, on Janet I think it is a bit disengenous for people to act shocked. After all, this is the same American public that cheered for beer commercials during the superbowl that centered on farting, beastiality (Monkey's having their way with women), sexual inuendo and so on. We buy the goods and the records and see the movies and then we act shocked when they show us a breast? Save the indignant shock for someone else. As for Kid Rock and the flag bit; it is either a political or patriotic stunt, take your pick. I do find it mildy surprising that somehow being in entertainment means you are not allowed to have a political opinion or that somehow you are to remain politically silent when on stage. While I think I am fortunate to live in America and the social and economic priveledges I recieve in it, I won't get bent out of shape by somebody wearing a flag. Bad taste, perhaps. However, I have a soloution, turn off the TV and turn down the radio if you don't like the message. On a more positve note, they say we might get up to 10" of snow tonight. Some fun in the snow; I will make sure to keep my breast covered.
George

·
Registered
299 Posts
Gotta agree with Kraby on this one. And I will add my $.02

I thought the halftime show pretty much sucked anyway. It was put on by MTV, geared to the under 20 population and the majority of the viewers were far older.
Why there was so much news hype about the tit thing, I can not understand. Like my girlfriend said, "A tit is a tit. Some are bigger than others but they're all tits." And Janet's ain't all that special either. However the fancy sunburst medallion around the nipple was a nice gesture.

And Kid Rock is a commie cause he wore a flag shirt?
Well hell then I must be anti-American too cause I wear a T-shirt with a flag on it. Take me out back and string me up.

The Bud commercials were really trashy!!!!!!!

They were so trashy that we just had to watch them again about 10 times to see how trashy they really were. Yep they were trashy! Hand me another cold Bud, would ya? I gotta watch them just once more.

The game was awesome. I think probably one of the best I have seen in 25 years. Still think the Falcons should have been there instead of the Panthers. They wouldn't have allowed those last 3pts.

Stan

·
Registered
642 Posts
I guess everyone has their idea of what is appropriate and not. In europe sexuality is just another part of life so it's no big deal to show body parts (breasts) on TV. When I lived in Germany there were commercials that showed breasts all the time. But the fact is that that is a different culture there. Our culture was founded on certain principles, mostly derived from common interpretations of the bible. I think many of these ideas are rather wrongly interpreted but that is for another discussion. Anyway our culture has embraced (at least outwardly) modesty for women. So it is the norm that women should dress modestly and not show off thier bodies in public. However, times are changing. Our society is in a process of rethinking our values. Our tolerance for expression is increasing. The funny thing about the first ammendment is that is is sort of a double edged sword. Surely we must be allowed to express ourselves in a free society but what if that expression is interpreted as harmful to a segment of our society, children for example. I already have opened a broad subject here but let me say that I think that there should be different classes of television viewing, those for people who are conservative and those for more liberal audiences. If an event appeals to generally everyone then all aspects of that event should be planned to standards that are acceptable to a general viewing audience, therefore I think the incident (which I believe was planned) was inappropriate for the venue in which it was presented.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Isn't Madonna American? I think she's showed a bit more, allbeit not in a superbowl show. What a fuzz about the JJ incident. It's a publicity stunt from someone afraid to become a hasbeen. And it works. Everybody is talking about it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.